“Excellent!!!”

Ranked #36 of 79 Restaurants in Coron
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Someone recommended that we go to Bistro Coron, and I'm thankful for that recommendation. I believe that the owner is French because the cuisine has that flare about it. The food was absolutely delicious the two times that we dined there. I highly recommend you try their stakes with the different sauces (pepper, mushroom, etc). When one of the diners recommended it to me, I hesitated wondering why I would eat beef on an island where fish is a specialty. I'm glad that I ordered it because from wherever they order the beef, it's so tasty. They also prepare it very well. I highly recommend visiting it for a nice evening out. My only recommendation is that the decorations should be upgraded to reflect the quality of the food.

Reviewed 4 January 2012

Bistro Coron fell short of my expectations. The food was nowhere near the supposedly quality as described by some. The pasta bolognese and pasta carbonara were nothing close to what these dishes were supposed to taste. The topping of the tuna calamari pizza was a little bit on the wet side, diminishing the taste of the melted mozzarella. The space utililization of the restaurant is awful, with a pool
table dominating the already limited interior space of the place. The plastic chairs should go as these are incongruous with the label "bistro". The only plus factor was the very courteous staff who waited on our table.

2  Thank pokster
Reviewed 29 December 2011

I've been to Coron a dozen times and I didn't prefer to eat here because of how the place looks. Until, I heard about their pizza and tried it personally. Now, every time I pass through Coron their pizza seems a must.

And no, the pizza is not seafood, it's just a typical non-Filipino pizza but it is great. Plainly great.

Cons are: food preparation takes some time; the owner (I presume), who is Swiss/German/European in general, isn't very friendly and accommodating. He doesn't talk much to guests and just sit in one corner waiting for orders (he cooks, I think); and the place isn't very inviting. Just the pizza.

Reviewed 21 December 2011

We ate in this restaurant many times during our stay in Coron and were always impressed with the quality of the food and the speed with which they manage to serve up even seemingly complicated orders.

The service was always polite and friendly and so much faster than every other place we ate in town. You wait about 10 or 15 minutes for your food here compared to 45 at La Sirenetta!

The food was the best we ate in Coron too, especially if you go for French favourites like onion soup and coc au vin, delicious! Sandwiches were great too, loads of options served on crunchy french bread, but make sure you speak up if you don't want lashings of mayo!

Unfortunately the location is not the best and the restaurant can be quite hot. Also would be nice if it was possible to wash your hands in the bathroom!

Reviewed 7 December 2011

The food was great, I cant really remember specifics but I know the food was good, cant remember about the service and value but im sure its about average. I think I had a few too many red horse beers that night :)

1  Thank bearrulez