“Bland food and a bit rude”
Review of Bistro Coron

Bistro Coron
Ranked #48 of 67 Restaurants in Coron
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, French
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Bland food and a bit rude”
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

Not a great place. The food is average price, average taste. The younger waitress in the morning is much friendly than the older lady in the evening. Overall, eating there is a sad, slightly depressing experience. There's much better here.

• Korean first
  • Slovak first
Hamilton, Bermuda
“good food and drinks”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Was here with friends for dinner and drinks, good food and drinks, we even returned on our last night in Coron for one last round of drinks.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank mantiShrimp
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Some good food, some bad”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I ate there for two days, lunch and dinner. The coq au vin and steak was excellent, really great food. The pizza and spaghetti were on the low side of average. It may be said that I had a bit of a dodger stomach after eating here too, but it may well be unrelated. All in all a pretty good place if you order the right thing.

• Visited January 2014
Zurich, Switzerland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst place in the whole of Philippines”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I have never written a review before. In my whole life I have never experienced anyone being so rude. I dont want anybody to go to that place ever again, so much I dislike the owner. Me and my boyfriend were traveling through the Philippines for 6 month and the loveliest people were definitely in Coron. Then we enter the Bistro Coron and found a French owner with the worst attitude in a foreign country to himself.
After our dinner we´ve ordered the chocolate mousse, to treat ourselves. It came and was disgusting, it tasted like alcohol. My boyfriend does not drink alcohol and it said nothing in the menu about it. What if kids order that desert? Usually we do not complain and it was definitely not about the money. We would have paid it without eating it. But we thought it would be a good idea to let them know that they should mention it in the menu (it had beer in it!! really?? in a chocolate mousse??) The waitress didnt wanna talk to us, she was very rude. We asked for the owner.
He basically didnt even listen - I mean we only made a comment which would have helped his customers, nothing else, how wrong is that from our side?? He just went mental. I have seen the whole scene as my boyfriend was talking to him. After realizing that the owner was just annoyed and told him to write all over the internet that he didnt like the food and was being very rude - my boyfriend smiled kindly and walked away. The owner then showed him the middle finger!!! I have seen this. He turned around and I just showed him the thumbs up. There was some other `local foreigners`there and everybody laughed. A really lovely place. All the idiot foreigners stick together and play cool and think THAT is funny? One of them was the foreign owner of a dive center close to that place.
Really guys, why do you have to spoil such a beautiful country with such beautiful people. Why do you have to be the bad ones in it? Why dont you learn something from the people whos country you have chosen, probably because that country is much nicer that the one you come from??
I wish that nobody ever again goes there!! Support the locals and not a horrible person like him!!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank sandybro B
Cebu Island, Philippines
“BISTRO CORON= FOOD POISONING”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

This is my first ever negative review. I generally see the positive in people and situations no matter the circumstance. After my experience at Bistro and still ill after a week i feel it is my duty to warn the public.

Being in the service industry striving for excellence and customer satisfaction should always be the goal. Every restaurant will make mistakes. it comes with the job, yet one can redeem themselves by acknowledging error and taking responsibility.
After eating at the Bistro i spent the whole night violently vomiting, with diarrhea and in excruciating pain / fever. The following morning i stumbled back to the bistro. When i approached the management they admitted that the chicken they served me was raw because they didnt have time to defrost while busy over the dinner rush. When i explained how ill i was to the owner rudely approached while waving his hands in the air, "there is nothing i can do". Disturbed by his obvious lack of concern, i asked if he could at least reimburse me for the food that got me sick or for antibiotics. What came next should cause anyone considering to eat there to stay FAR away. He laughed and in a loud voice he said, "get out of my restaurant!!!" When i tried to take a picture for this review he violently rushed at me trying to physically throw me out. Although tempting to gather the little strength i had to defend his unwarranted attack i chose not to stoop to his level. After visiting the toilet again with my stomach convulsing in pain i made a report to police, sanitary and tourism.
The kitchen is filthy, toilets look like they are never cleaned and no water to wash or flush. In any other country this establishment would be shut down a long time ago and the owner held accountable for his actions.

Visited December 2013