“Slow service”

Kawayanan Grill Station
Ranked #18 of 65 Restaurants in Coron
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Kawayanan Grill is a Filipino-owned resto within Coron Town. It serves the best exotic local seafood dishes such as Grilled Kibao (local clams), Pitik Lobster, Bicol Express Octopus and Kinunot na Pague (Sting Ray). It also has a wide selection of delicious Filipino dishes such as Adobo, Kare-Kare and barbeques.
“Slow service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

We ate here at Kayawanan as this was near the dive shop we tried. If we werent that tired we could've tried other dine in resto. Their food selection (although their menu has a wide variety), are almost not available. Their seafood selection are not always in stock, as well as their beverages. I am not sure if they lack service crews, but their service was slow (even when we asked our bill it took a while before they served it!).
They have unlimited rice for only 20 pesos which is a plus, also I love their ambiance and relaxing bosa nova music. If you find yourself here, I suggest you order typical Filipino food instead. Their bulalo is excellent.

1 Thank bottlesugar

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Mandaue City, Mandaue, Philippines
“so-so!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

not sure why this restaurant is famous in coron. lol. their food is not that tasty. they no longer offer service water because there was a customer that was hospitalized after drinking their service water..

read more about my coron trip last june 2013:

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Monarose
Las Pinas, Philippines
“Not worth the price”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

I ordered Grilled Liempo with rice and coke. I think the food was expensive when I looked at the menu. But since the place was recommended by my guide, I decided to try it. The Grilled Liempo wasn't good at all. The service was not remarkable either. I will give this place another chance the next time I get to Coron but I will never recommend it to my friends.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank thenorthshore
Quezon City
“Perfect Meeting Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

It was my first time to visit the new location of this restaurant. The new place seems bigger as it has both outdoor and indoor dining options for guests. It still has its individual dining huts, but inside, it added function rooms. The menu also got upgraded. Must try are the crocodile sisig and chilli peppers with cheese. One of the best eating places in Coron!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank joelbizdevco
Las Pinas, Philippines
“Nice ambience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

In terms of ambience, this is probably the best one you'll get in Coron (native decor). The first time we tried it in Dec 2011, food was okay, but in our recent visit (july 2013), we were quite disappointed with the service and food portions. For a really good meal, try Macario's Grill. We tried it a couple of times and were not disappointed. The place doesn't compare to Kawayanan in terms of ambience, but hey, it's the taste, size of the portions, and the cost that matters, right?

Visited July 2013