“First time in Coron”

Sunz En Coron Resort
Ranked #2 of 69 Coron B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 April 2013

This is our first time going to Coron. We fund this place through tripadvisor and we saw it had good reviews. We're staying for 3 nights and so far we are having a good experience.

The rooms we had are good for groups of 5 and 6 and it was a comfortable place to stay in. The bathrooms were a major concern and they have a pretty decent one. You just need to prepare a few basics: shampoo, toothpaste and tissue. The place is near the town and they offer a service going there. The staff are friendly, and they maintain the order. They tell people if they are getting noisy, and they keep the peace. good job! I just wish that they could provide a safe, although generally the whole place is quite secure.

I'd stay here again. And I highly recommend the Chocolate Mousse.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank theothertimwong
There are newer reviews for Sunz En Coron Resort

Reviewed 8 April 2013

My fiancèe and I stayed there for like 4 days and we really enjoyed it. Fresh towels upon request, free tricycle to town, clean swimming pool, the best food, clean rooms, friendly staff and management. I would go back here in a heartbeat..

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 3 April 2013

In General

The entrance is plain and the metal gate looked like it was a house of a rich person with not an ounce of creativity.

The rooms are arranged on two rows with oversized glass and wood doors one on each side of a swimming pool.

Rooms

The rooms were pretty small and spartan.The television was small and the cable service was down half the time we were there.

The food was all very good. I ordered fried chicken, pork curry and tocino breakfast.
I also ordered their brownies twice since it was that good. There was good wifi service on dining area.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank gonzomanila
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We arrived in Coron for our last night by the peer and found a tricycle very easily; The hotel is not far from the peer (5mn), 20pesos if you take a tricycle. There are 18 cottages all around a nice swimming pool and many different places to rest or to have lunch or dinner, you just have to choose which one suits you better; small different places with a straw roof, a table, cushions, fan... We just stayed one night and one day but we could have stayed longer if we don't have to come back. Rooms are very clean and quite seldom in Philippines (5th time we go there) the staff is reallyt efficent. They are managed by Koreans whom are very kind and always available to make your stay very pleasant. Food is definitely better than all the hotel we did in Philippines, try the French fries, it's better than in France!
The service is perfect, they have a tricycle service free which meqns when you want to go in the city center they take in charge the transport for you. I had to use their phone to call friends and the manager left messages to the other hotels (friends') for me.
One thing is sure, you can't be disappointed for the price you pay, it is a really nice place to stay, we will probably come back to Coron for diving and I will not search neither try another hotel. Thank you to all the team!

Room Tip: We occupied the room 3 which is clean with a standard bed, aircon and a nice shower
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gozy07
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Stayed only one night as I bounced through Coron on my way back from El Nido, and I'm glad I chose to stay here. First, the Korean couple who run the place are awesome. The woman (Ms. Sunz, I presume?) said she worked for 7 years in a travel agency in Boracay and it shows -- she has an amazingly good customer-service oriented disposition -- nothing is too much trouble to ask. And her English skills are superb. In fact, they both asked me to join them at a Korean restaurant that night. Sadly, I turned down the invite as I wanted to swim and needed some sleep. But what amazing hospitality! The hotel itself is SUPER quiet at night. It was the best sleep I had in my week on Palawan. The rooms have high ceilings, quiet aircon and very comfortable beds (two big beds in my room). Totally relaxing. And the shower!! Really the best I've ever seen in a hotel. Strong water, piping hot, and with every kind of adjustment you could think of for a shower. The pool was great -- deep enough for swimming, and the changing colors at night make for a great ambiance. The breakfast the next morning was really good, and they have these gazebo areas where you can sit and have coffee and access the free wifi (not really available in the rooms). The staff are all smiling and friendly. The hotel is about a 5 minute trike ride from central Coron, but they have a free trike service until about 9PM at night. Just be aware that getting a trike back at night will be tough if you are on the more remote road between the city and hotel. I walked back, feeling kind of scared witless after being conditioned to be afraid of everything living in Manila -- but when I got to the hotel, some people told me that it wasn't a dangerous area. Still, take a trike just to be sure. Not sure what else I can say about it other than it was an incredibly positive experience, a great hotel, and I would actually choose to visit Coron again just knowing that Sunz hotel is there.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank tokyomike55
Reviewed 21 March 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have eaten here twice this week and have to say the food is excellent. One dish we really loved was the Korean rice paper parcels with beautiful fresh crispy vegetables sliced inside of them. Also the baby back ribs were some of the most tender we have had with a really beautiful sauce adorning them. However we did the find service although friendly to be a little tardy. Had to ask 3 times for a jug of water and then trying to get the waiters attention to order, get the bill etc very difficult. It's a shame because that's the only reason they don't get a higher star rating this time around. I can still recommend the restaurant because the food is actually excellent and you also have to realise that this is Coron and nothing will ever be perfect but if it wasn't for the service then we would have marked this higher.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Antoine D
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Me and my friends found out this hotel through our search in finding a comfortable hotel in Coron as we are staying there for 5days.....indeed this hotel gave us what we want..friendly and approachable staffs,good food,cabanas to stay at and dine in, wi-fi area,they even have massage services, even the Korean owner is friendly and very accomadating, they also provide free ride to town with what they call "taxicycle", a tricycle with a bigger body that can ride 5-6people per trip.

The room is spacious, but for me, the toilet inside the room is a bit small and lack shelves to put on my things, as i am a girl, i have a lot of small things =) but overall experience i enjoyed staying here and i will definitely will coming back here.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends