Balinsasayaw Resort
US$152
  • Beachfront
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
All reviewscoron islandno electricityboat ridecolorful fishesfloating hutscoral reefseafoodcouples roommain islandadjoining roomscatch of the daylimestone cliffsricefull board mealsfilipino foodgiant clamswhite sand beach
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We loved this place- it was a great spot for our family (kids ages 11 and 13), as well as our inlaws in their 80s. First, the disclaimers: this is NO luxury resort. There is no pool, no internet, the rooms are sparsely furnished, and electricity only runs at night. If you want luxury, go to Club Paradise or Two Seasons resort- great places, and you'll pay a multiple of what Balinsasayaw charges.

But in its class, you can't do better and it's a tremendous value. Located on the tip of an island a short banca ride from Coron Town, it's well situated for exploring Coron Island, Banana Island, and nearby scuba dive sites.

The staff and owner are warm and extremely friendly and bent over backwards to help with anything that we asked for. We opted for full board- really the only sensible choice given the location- and the food, especially lunches, were delicious and ample.

We had a banca, guide, and boatmen at our disposal the entire time we were there, and they added immensely to our stay. We were given masks, snorkels, and fins to use while there. Twice our boat crew packed lunch and took it with us on our outings. They were very attentive and helpful- especially with our elderly grandparents.

We had a family cottage with adjoining rooms with very comfortable beds- the AC worked well but we left it off at night and didn't need it. With a half hour notice, we arranged for excellent massages, given in beachfront cabanas- great massage and inexpensive. Waves lapping on the shore.... what's not to like?

All in all, a great place- this was our second trip to Coron, and if we return a third time there is no question that we would return.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank MoshiTravel
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Overall, staying in Balinsasayaw is not bad however there are a lot of areas of improvement. Let me first enumerate the good points: complimentary pick up from the airport, complimentary breakfast, fantastic view from the couples cottage, reliable powerr from 530pm-730am, AC that works, warm water that works, reasonably good food, amazing reef right in front of the resort, free use of the banka, sweet and friendly staff

Here's why I rated it average: The staff are simply untrained. Yes they are sweet but since I'm also a Filipino I thought I could converse well to communicate my and my husband's needs. The fact is they simply could not communicate well and perhaps don't even fully understand your questions. E.g. "Do you serve another type of coffee aside from the instant kind?" "What kind of activities can you do in the island?" They are also poor at making a follow-up with you. We requested for coconut juice but even on our 6th day we heard no follow up of our request. We just resigned with the fact that it wasn't availabale and they weren't going to inform us. 2nd: I appreciate there's no menu but I can't help the fact that for that price, you can't even order fresh fruit juice with the excuse that there's no electricity during the day. What about an orange juicer? What about calamansi juice? Also, simply ordering a snack such as fried banana took a long time for them to comprehend. 3rd: I appreciate that there was a storm just a few weeks before our stay but not warning guests that expected there would be WiFi is mismanaging expectations and is unfriendly to the customer. I found out later that its not even WiFi what they have but a Hotspot! If I was part of management, I would choose to underpromise and overdeliver or to manage expectations, I would send an email to guests apologizing in advance about a facility that doesn't work.

The location of this resort is fantastic but they need to improve on very simple and basic principles of good guest management, innovation, and resourcefulness. If you choose to stay here, be prepared to have a lot of patience :) I would recommend this place for the location and the peace and quiet that you wouldn't get by staying in Coron Town.

Room Tip: Not sure if it applies to all rooms but cottage #7 has an annoyingly noisy gecko that makes a noise every few minutes. So if you're sensitive to noise, avoid this cottage. #6-#8 cottages have the best views.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Arimar_0730
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

We loved our stay at this place! For our babymoon we booked a 4 day-3night package, all inclusive meals and island hopping.
We stayed in a couples villa which was higher on the mountain (a lot of steps!) so it gave a perfect view over the bay from the private porch. The Ac worked perfectly and warm water was flowing in the evening only.

Staying here, you must be open minded to Filipino food, which was very well and abundantly offered at lunch and dinner. At breakfast you can also choose some eggs and jummy pancake options.

The trips included some of the best spots around Coron. The resort is so centrally located that the boat ride is max 1 hour and each trip was private, with your own boat and guide. We saw beautiful lakes, lagoons, white empty beaches and plenty plenty underwater life while snorkeling. We came here for the adventure and got what we wanted!
Being 5 months pregnant, I was well taken care of by the staff.
If you come to Coron for sunbathing and luxury, this place is probably not your choice.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank VALLEKE_007
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Balinsasayaw is the premier resort that should be on the top of your list if staying in Coron.

The resort offers the best of both worlds (eco/luxury). The nice thing about Balinsasayaw is that from 7:30am to 5:30pm there is no power (eco). During the day it forces you to get off your butt and go see some of the excellent sights in store. Kagayan lake, baraccuda lake, manquit hot springs are all a stones throw from the resort. Come 5:30, A/C and hot showers await you.

The food is out of this world and Plentiful (not to mention it's included in the room rate). Let me tell you, they FEED you!! see the pics below? This was a typical meal for my girl and I. They gave us so much food we felt we had to eat it (out of respect). Seriously, they feed you a lot of food and a lot of GOOOD food.

The staff is extremely attentive to your needs and accommodating. I can't say enough good things, we loved Marvin our tour guide!

I highly recommend Balinsasayaw to anyone interested in spending some time in paradise.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Robert R
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Great staff in balinsasayaw. They were really attentive and tried their best to accomodate our every request. Food was great as well. We love all the food they served for breakfast (which was included in the room rate) and dinner (php 300 per person). They offered a variety of choices with fish, veggies and meat as well as fresh fruits each meal. They also have all day free coffee and tea at the resto. Rooms and villas were also huge. There was really nothing to criticize except probably for the water coming out of the faucets and shower. It was slightly discolored but we were warned about this. But actually its really not that much of a problem because they have unlimited drinking water available at their resto and they bring each villa pitchers of water each night. All in all, this resort is great and the rates are reasonable as well. We are definitely coming back in the future! Thank you Balinsasayaw, me and my family had such a lovely time! I do hope the owner of the resort read this and acknowledge (and probably, reward) his staff's wonderful service to their guests.

• Stayed: August 2013