“Good trip & good customer asst.”

Apartelle de Gabrielle
Ranked #16 of 69 Coron B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 September 2013

we booked for 3d2n stay with island tour packages.
1st day-we landed at coron around 1:30pm & were very happy to see that the driver & the car is already there. Then after few mins we arrivr at the hotel,rowie asst us with our rooms etc. Then advised us that our tour trip will start at 4:30. Im so happy co'z everything is doing the way i expect it. Worry free. 1st day was so amazing & tiring but tnx to hot spring relax much^_^.
2nd day-was awesome day for us,we visit kayangan lake..twin lagoon..green lagoon..siete picados..coral..just sad we cant go to cyc but its okay the weather is bad so we dont want to compromise our own safety. But were glad & happy to see those places its really beautiful.Superbm
3rd day-last day of our tour and all we can say is were very happy! Sulit ang bayad & everything. The especially friendly & polite, he make all the arrangement for us and always remind us time we start etc. Also our tour guide for 2nd day is kuya jepoy very funny guy,hmmm if u want ur tour to be fun try to request kuya jepoy u will laugh all day haha^_^. All i want to say is that this hotel is very simple yet very relaxing & really eventhough its very basic hotel still for me its good. When u doing a trip make sure before u booked ask all the questions to the customer service of the hotel u want to stay. And clear things of what is included & not included in the package. Im so glad apartelle de gabrielle is very patience to me, eventhough im so "makulit" asking so many questions but in the end everything is settled and my tour it was SUPERB for me & my husband^_^

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank prettyadventurer
There are newer reviews for Apartelle de Gabrielle

Reviewed 26 July 2013

My family and I stayed for 3 nights sometime February 2013 and we have nothing but high praises and good memories for this trip! I booked a room for 7 people with packages for the town tour, whole day island hopping and the Calauit Safari tour and my contact gave us a very big bonus for giving us their best family room for 10-14 people! =)

The breakfast they served were basic yummy Pinoy eats and I recommend everyone to try their lamayo (it's like the bigger and less crunchy version of Cebu's danggit). You can request the hotel staff to cook dinner for a small fee and they make sure that you get the freshest, best cooked meals!

The tours which were included in the packaged were nicely arranged. All in all, our vacation was fun and problem-free, thanks to the good staff of this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Tin Q
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 5 nights in February, a representative was waiting to collect us at the airport, which was an unexpected bonus! The hotel is very quiet, a 10 min walk into the centre of town. The room was clean with fan and aircon, but there are blackouts most evenings. The view from the restaurant over the bay is beautiful, a lovely spot to relax and enjoy. There is wifi available but it's not great. Overall we really enjoyed our stay and would recommend

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Hollies2010
Reviewed 6 July 2013

friendly and accommodating staff. the facility is very new (business started in 2010) and clean. we booked a premier fan room. our room has flat screen tv, hot and cold shower, queen-sized bed. very good location, easily accessible, just one tricycle ride away from everything. we only ate breakfasts at the restaurant. affordable food. scenic view of coron bay. water dispensers (hot and cold) at every floor. fire exits and security guard. there's even cctv. we enjoyed our stay and will definitely come back..

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank lilbitneurotic
Reviewed 21 June 2013

The room we stayed in was located near the main gate. It had a receiving area, and a dining area. There are 2 other rooms: the bathroom and the bedroom. There is a stair but it is off-limits to guest as the owner stays in the floor above us. The owner has a separate entrance so there's no fear of the owner suddenly entering while you're watching tv.

Our bedroom has two queen sized beds and a double deck. The beds were comfortable and the room was quiet. Just outside our main door is an ante-room where they keep a water dispenser. So, free drinking water! The bathroom's large, but what I hate about it is that it only has one towel rack. There's no place to put your shower things. They can put in some shelves or even hooks to hang your clothes in.

The staff's friendly but not very efficient. They forgot to put toilet paper in the bathroom before we arrived (oh wait, there's no place to put toilet paper in). Unless you ask them, they didn't clean our room/s. After a power outage, they forgot to turn on the power for our aircon. When my friend asked a staff to take her picture in front of the hotel, he suddenly crossed the street and got on a van without any say so and without taking my friend's pic

the only meals we ate at the hotel is breakfast. The restaurant's located in the topmost floor. The view from there was good, but not great. The food was just blah.

Coron has almost daily power outages that lasts hours. Fortunately, Apartelle de Gabrielle has a generator. While the generator cannot provide power to the aircons, it can power on electrics fans.

As mentioned by other reviewers, the location is good. It's located along the national highway and it's walking distance to downtown. Restaurants, souvenir shops, tour offices are readily accessible. Easy to get tricycles. There's a store in the same building.

Room Tip: Some reviewers complain that their rooms are too small. Try to book Room 41 which is located on the...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank biyay2
Reviewed 10 June 2013 via mobile

- poor customer service. The receptionist doesnt know how to talk to the customers in a nice way. I am not sure if this is just their defense mechanism. For instance, on the first night we stayed there was an island wide black out (or so they say), that's why we dont have an aircon. We are not aware of this because the place is already lit up because oc the generator. I understand that this happens sometimes but the way the receptionist talked to me felt like i'm not their customer at all. Additionally, the receptionist did not even checked if we already got an electric fan, much so if we are comfortable enough knowing that we have been put to the room where there's not much ventilation.

- when we arrived, the receptionist was very eager that we book our tour with them. Since the price seemed fair enough and i dont want to trouble myself to go to the port and have a DIY tour, we fot their tour package. We got the exclusive package meaning we are 9 in a boat. However, the boat seems to have a problem in jumpstarting. That made me worried if the boat can still take us to the destinations we booked. We wanted a new boat just to make sure we wont be having trouble but rowie (the receptionist) are hesitant to give us another boat. It took some time for the discussions but in the end, no change of boat was made.

- the night before we go home, i am about to settle our bill to the receptionist. Earlier before that, Rowie reminded me that i need to pay befoee 10pm because pur flight is too early the next day. I reminded him about our breakfast and if we can already advice our orders in advance because the resto opens at 6 (we leave around 7:30). He said yes, but much to my dismay, the 2nd day breakfast is not included in what we paid for. He only told me about this after i made the payment and his tone and the way he talked to me seemed like i am not theircustomer anymore. I told him that this is not what beverly (one who i negotiated with re: our accommodation. She is based in manila) and i agreed. Rowie didnt even offered to call beverly to clarify things. Worse part is that i could not contact beverly anymore. It left me with no other choice but to tell my friends that we need to find another place to eat for bfast. Luckily we were able to eat before our flight took off.

what pissed me off (from the last point above) is that when i said that i'll have to mention this on my trip advisor review, Rowie said: 'kahit ipa-news' nyo pa.

I hope apartelle de gabriel will improve their service and i hope the coron municipality will first check each of the inn/hotel/bed&breakfast on their locality before giving them permission to put up a business which needs careful training of staffs especially in customer service.

- Did i mention their towels are disgusting and looked so old/used? So if u plan to stay in this place, better bring your own towel.

- No housekeeping done or offered to us, no new roll of tissue for the next day considering we are 5 pax in one room.

• Stayed: June 2013
10  Thank Kengkie
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Location: Just perfect. It may not be on the seaside but the view from the restaurant on the topmost floor is breathtaking especially during breakfast. Everywhere else is within walking distance, restaurants, spa, convenience store, souvenir shop, and even the market place.

Rooms: So-so. The bed is way too small for 2 people. Me and my cousin were both petite but we still find the bed too small and so is our room. But we just need a place to sleep. It's ok.

Service: DELUXE! What may be lacking in amenities, their personalized and superb service makes up for everything. Felt like home. Staff always greeting you with a smile and making sure you're having a relaxing and comfortable stay.

All in all, I say, choosing to stay here when I get back in October, won't be such a hard decision.
Your home in Coron. HIghly-recommended. Unless you need a bigger bed.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family