Birang Guesthouse
One Averee Bay Hotel(Coron)(Great Value!)
US$73
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 March 2013

My friends and I have been here last Nov 2012. We find the place very romantic as it is built on the sea. The view from the deck makes us reminisced past memories. It is a rest house I think that maintained by trusted people. People are very polite and generous as they serve our meals as if we pay for buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our contact provided us a very entertaining tour guide named Loui. Loui helps us produced anything we need and even suggests stores where can buy stuffs and others conveniently.
We actually recommended this place to our friends.
Very much recommendable!

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank mileangiel
Reviewed 28 January 2013

We stayed at Birang Guesthouse for about 3 days. It was a terrible terrible experience. I was the one who booked this place for my family because I saw in some forums and reviews that its a great place to stay while in Coron. Maybe it was before, but it sure is not now. However when we arrived, there were another batch of tourists that seems to have been there before and knows the owner, Biring. I understand that they might be loyal customers but I wish they would have given us notice. All our requests were an afterthought and the staff did not even bother to greet us or talk to us. English might be limited but a simple hello or smile helps liven up people's moods.

When we asked to have our rooms cleaned, one of the the staff said that she will clean our rooms but forgot to do it. We asked again the next day but still no cleaning happened. The rooms are very paper thin! I guess its ok if you're with a big group and rent out the whole house but not if there's just two or four people. You could compare it to a hostel in Europe but more expensive. I do agree with Simon J's review that it is a glorified back-packers place to sleep in.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank wandererscott075
Reviewed 22 January 2013

We went to coron in December for a family vacation and it was exactly what we wanted! It was a quaint place not too far from town with excellent service. Ate Jam, who is the person in charge, is very accommodating and was helpful with everything we needed. You can ask them to cook and prepare everything for you if you didn't want to go into town to eat or you can buy the food and ask them to cook it for you. We gave them the menu we wanted for the week and they took care of everything (breakfast-lunch-dinner) - it was really convenient! The rooms were great. We had a room that had its own bathroom and then got 2 more rooms which shared 1 common bathroom. Everything was clean and well maintained. Yes, they did not clean the room during our stay but that didn't bother us, we just asked for a broom so we can sweep. But if you did want your room cleaned you could just ask them. I also liked that it was right by the water which gave a really great scenery. It was also convenient too because our boat for the tours would pick us up and drop us off there, that way we didn't need to go into toown. There was a restaurant right next door too if you wanted to try something different and another one down the street and a sari-sari store if you needed to buy anything. What I liked about this hotel too was that on the main floor (where our room was located) there is a dining table where you can hang-out and a hammock right night to the water where you can relax and watch the sunset.

All in all this place did not disappoint. It was perfect for a relaxing getaway and I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank kisgomez
Reviewed 15 August 2012

The Good
- Central Location, clean and new.
- Delicious home cooked meals (I only know about this as I read the reviews before booking the place, you can buy raw veg and meat and ask the staff to cook it, the staff did not mentioned this at all)

The Bad
- Brown out each night (no hot showers when this happens, only luke warm shower)
- Even with generator on the wall power sockets goes off in middle of the night (this happened 2-3 times and the fan stopped working)
- Sometimes we have to go out of the room for WIFI coverage.
- Walls were paper thin (made out of bamboo) and we could hear the next room’s TV clearly.

The Ugly
-We felt like our presence was a big inconvenience to the staff there and we did not feel welcome at all.
-After staying 6 nights, NO housekeeping at all, we had to ask for a change of towels and the rubbish in the room was not emptied out.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Yoland_Li
Reviewed 13 August 2012

A friend and I stayed here based upon the good reviews below. However, we were both left feeling rather disappointed.

The house is in effect a very large bamboo hut which means the walls a paper thin! We could hear everything the couple in the room next to us were doing. (Keep that in mind when you start getting 'romantic!')

The staff we not friendly or pro-active. While they did the few things we requested, it was always done in such a way as to make us feel like we were putting them to a great deal of trouble. We stayed for 5 days and they did not service the room once!

Thin walls, poor service, bad wifi, sporadic power, and two irritating birds that chirp and talk at all hours of the day and night.

We didn't expect hotel comforts, but for the price we paid we sure as hell expected more than a glorified back-packers with an en-suite!

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you're in the mood for romance!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple