“Skeleton Wreck - Seen Even While Snorkeling”
Review of Skeleton Reef

Skeleton Reef
Ranked #15 of 49 things to do in Coron
Reviewed 3 September 2013

First, let's get it straight. The skeleton wreck is not a Japanese wreck. Japanese wrecks are far deeper into the ocean as this is. We snorkeled this area on day1 and we also took the chance, as beginners, to scuba dive in the area.

Second, even from your snorkeling spot, you can see the hull of the MEDIUM Fishing Boat that sank long ago. A lot of fishes of different colors can be find here too. There are around 3 huts that you can use while you're here, you already paid PhP 100 entrance fee per pax so why not maximize it, right.

The view here is really amazing. whether you're snorkeling or scuba diving.

It's a great spot to start scuba diving because there's a beach nearby where you can train.

If you're going island hopping in Coron, this shouldn't be missed. Top of the list.

Here are my 2 blog entries if you want to know more about the entire island-hopping http://wp.me/p2uAw5-nl , and the scuba-diving http://wp.me/p2uAw5-n5 .

Otherwise, indulge in the pictures =) Enjoy your trip.

There are newer reviews for Skeleton Reef

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Lots of fish and marine life surrounding the remains of a sunken japanese vessel circa WW II. I don't dive so this is really perfect because our guide said that the other 2 sunken vessels can only be seen by diving. And the variety of marine life was pretty good (sea urchins, puffer fish, parrot fish, etc).

Reviewed 4 August 2013

We enjoyed this site better than most pf the other sites we went snorkeling. Not sure why, but it wasn't crowded. had lots of fish - which we fed.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

There's an abundance of fish and corals in the area and the hull of the "Japanese Ship" can be seen even by snorkelers as it is just less than 20ft from the surface. I'm not a diver so the best view I got was from my snorkelling spot. And I think it's quite small for a Japanese navy ship (but don't take my word for it coz I'm no expert!). To me, it looked like a big fishing boat. That's just me.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

We stopped off here on our boat trip. The wreck is not far below the surface so easy to snorkle from the surface. We saw lots of beautiful corals and tropical marine life. At one point there were 2 barracuda's too... we were surrounded by parrot fish and sargeant major fish. It was amazing!

1  Thank McSpawf