“Location, location, location” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 61 Coron B&B and Inns
Manila, Philippines
“Location, location, location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

This Inn is ideal if you're on a budget. Very accessible to all the eateries, the port and market. It is clean and of course, affordable. We stayed for 2 nights in their Suite room and it was worth it. Coron is a very quiet town so even though our room is right across a busy street I was able to sleep early because it's relatively quiet. The room is big, the bathroom is very clean and check-in is fast and efficient. Although the bed is quite hard, it didn't prevent me from sleeping soundly after a whole day of island adventure. The restaurant on the rooftop is still under construction as of this moment so it is not available at night for eating/drinking. But just a few meters away are small bars (No Name Bar, etc.) if you want to have a few drinks before heading to bed.

Room Tip: Their suite room is really big and has its own veranda.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Roseandthorns

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Sf Bay Area
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

We spent one night here in February 2014. The room was a bit small, but otherwise comfortable. Our room had a huge ant problem (yes, its the tropics, but even so, it was creepy when there were ants all over the walls). AC worked for most of the time, although there were periodic brown-outs. Front desk staff were a bit annoying and bordering on rude. From the moment we checked in, they kept pushing us to agree to paying for airport van service. We told them that we'd decide the next morning. As we're heading out in the morning for breakfast, they cornered us again to ask what time our flight was. I gave them the info just to make them shutup. But then when we wanted to go to the airport a bit earlier, they outright refused, claiming that the van wasn't available earlier. Other than that, it was ok, however there are many options in Coron, and this one didn't seem dramatically better or worse than the rest.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank netllama
SaarLouis, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

I had the room number 1 , it was next to the lobby. But it was never that loud that I could not sleep. In my room has been a fan and a air condition. I also had my own bathroom. Much mosquitos came in my room. After killing 4, next morning has been the same again in the room, so dont forget your anti-mosquito lotion over night!! But that must be normal in Coron.
I had a room with TV but the TV did not work...normaly it is not ok because I payed for it. But I am not that TV watcher, no time on a travel .
The staff at the hotel is nice but does not talk perfect English. For me it was sometims hard to understand, but was still ok. The breakfast I had to pay after eat and it was simple. no buffet.
You can also book your tours here at the hotel. the prices are standard for Coron I guess.
I also booked my ferry from Coron to El Nido at the hotel.
What I liked not so much is the safety. You can leave your big key (to bulky for the pocket) at the lobby. But they just lay it on the desk and everyone knows. If no one is at the lobby and that happens, someone could easy go there and take any key. Thats not that good. And than the communication between the staff is not the best. there is a girl working, she confused me everyday. Knocked on my door at morning and tell me that my ferry come to El Nido, but I had a tour in coron that day. she did it every morning. so the service was nice but not the best, Im sorry.
The location was good . nothing was far by walking. A small market is also close.
All in all I think it was the right choice. Of course not perfect :)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank KurisuS
city of san fernando
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

This is one of the best hotel I ever experienced. The service was great, warm hospitality, maintenance was good, the food was great and has a prime location situated at the heart of Coron downtown. Thumbs up!

Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ivanlopezHAU
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

I can't believe that none of the most recent reviews have mentioned the noise! Yes it's clean, good value and a good location (hence the good rating). However if you're a light sleeper like me, watch out for the cacophony of noise from 5am until 11pm! Tricycles, motorbikes, children, dogs... Coron town is just noisy and potentially some of the other rooms are quieter. I was in room 2 which is right by the road (I did ask to move but got told we couldn't!) but next time I would stay somewhere out of town.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Camilla_Lawson
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

I chose islands view inn because of the great reviews in tripadvisor and it did live up to my expectations. The room is not as grand as the rooms in other hotels but it has everything that we needed to make our stay pleasant and comfortable. The staff has good customer service skills, they are very courteous and attentive to our needs and I really grew fond of them. On our first daY at the hotel, i did not notice that I dropped my envelope containing our tickets for our flight back to manila. Fortunately, one of the staffs found it and slid it under our room's door. This saved us from a lot of hassle. Also, when I was at the lobby, i overheard the receptionist instructing another staff to inform one of the guests not to worry about the lost cellphone because the guard found it

The quality and quantity of the breakfast is fine. I was able to try their tapsilog, dangitsilog, american and continental breakfast and all of it were delicious. However, the quantity of bacon which was included in the american breakfast was too little and was not enough to fill our stomachs. Also, it would have been better if they included vegetables in their menu.

Lastly, the hotel has tours which are significantly more expensive than what travel agencies offer. The reason behind this is unlike with the travel agencies where in you have to share the van, the tour and the guide with strangers, the tours that the hotel offer is just exclusive for your group. In our case, we arranged our tour package and hotel accomodation with calamian travels and since its not peak season, we just shared our tour with a few people and we had a wonderful time for less amount of money.

Some suggestions:
*Pls include free shampoo and room slippers
add vegetables to the menu
*pls ask the crew from the jasmines hotel (the hotel right beside islands view owned by the same family) not to hang their clothes in the rooftop next to the hotel's restaurant
*add telephone inside the rooms so the guests dont have to go out for heir requests
* one of the hotel rules is they are not liable for anyblost belongings left inside the room. In that case , pls add a vault. This will make guests feel more secured.
* add ref/fridge inside the room so guests can keep cold water and take outs.

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank nyabnyab
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

The inn provided just what we needed during our stay, our basic needs such as hot shower, clean beds, ac, and tv. It also has balcony and each room were provided of racks were you can hang your wet swim suits after doing island hopping tours.
It has a good location near markets and restaurants, and just a few minutes away to the port for your island hopping tour. There is also a nearby bakery where you can buy good breads for breakfast if you don't want to avail of the inn's breakfast.
The staff are also friendly and provided good house keeping.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family