“Can't wait to go back!”

Patrik & Tezz Guesthouse
Ranked #7 of 70 Coron B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Patrik & Tezz Guesthouse is, hands down, the best choice for a budget stay in Coron. After being picked up at the airport by a van, we were dropped off at the guesthouse where we were greeted warmly by Mama and Tezz and were given a quick tour then introduced to their pets. The furnishings were simple but very homey and comfy. The dipping pool was a nice extra with an outdoor shower nearby.

Breakfast was included daily in our package, and the food was delicious and the portions generous. The rooms were very clean and my family slept comfortably. Since the guesthouse is near a pier, the island-hopping activities can be accomplished very early. They also have free wifi and a TV but did you come to Coron for that? (This is a statement by my nephew who does need a steady supply of entertainment from said technology :))

The best part of the guesthouse were Patrik and Tezz and the rest of the family. They were all very kind and gracious and made us feel very much at home. We also recommend our boatman and his first mate, Ruel and Arjay (Ranjgel's). Overall, our first time in Coron was a nice, relaxing experience for all eight of us and we will keep telling our friends about the great family vacation we had that we booked through Patrik and Tezz. Thank you for everything and see you again soon!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed with Patrik and Tezz in late January this year (late review I know). We were met by Cindie on arrival and she could not have been more helpful. Then we were chatting with a guy sat in the pool for ages thinking this place has some really nice people - it was Patrik!
They treat you like friends and do anything for you if you ask - the dipping pool is such a great little extra you will really appreciate and the pets are really friendly too!
They can help you arrange any tours you might want to do or just help recommend some if you would prefer to do it yourself.
Patrik/Tezz, if you are reading this, thanks so much having us earlier this year and Vicky and I hope life if treating you and Mama well!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Went on my first solo tour and stayed at Patrik and Tezz for 8 days in March/April. The owners, Patrik, Tezz and her mum Ellie are very warm and accommodating. It's like having a family away from home. You get pets too!

Best place to stay if you're on a budget. The place is very accessible, about 3-5 minutes walk to the restaurants and dive shops in Coron. Since I had no itinerary at that time, they suggested tour groups I could join for tours. Wifi is also pretty good. The rooms and the bathrooms are clean. I had the best room. It was near the pool. In the afternoons after the tours, I would take a dip and watch the sunset and the moon rise.

Will definitely stay there when I go back to Coron! Thanls for taking care of me during my stay.

Room Tip: Solo room by the pool.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Me and my friends stayed at Patrik and Tezz guesthouse for a week. And everybody at the guesthouse has been so helpful and friendly to us :) The rooms was good, clean and after months of bad (backpacking) madrases this bed was like a dream! Tezz mother helped us to book a private island hoping whit one of hers friends, which was amazing. It was just three of us in the boat. And we decided the island hoping tour all by our selfless. The owner of the little boat, Ariel was the cutest man. So before you booking some island trip whit some of the big travel agencies ask after Ariel at the guesthouse. I really recommend this place!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Great guest house. Clean rooms with friendly, helpful and caring owners. The out side area is relaxing and has a nice little pool for hot days. Close to the main area of town and walkable to the best dive shops. Couldn't ask for more.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I stayed with them for 10 nights in Feb/Mar, and I now understand why this guesthouse remains #1 in Coron. What made my stay special was the hospitality. Patrik, even if he's Swedish, has mastered the art of warm Asian hospitality. His wife, Tezz, is Swedish-Filipino but has very much retained the warm and family-centric values of a Filipina. Patrik and Tezz are always there for friendly chats without being intrusive. In fact, they put you in so much ease that you'd feel like you've been friends with them for a long time! Tezz's mom is also always there to assist and so is Sylvia, a member of their staff. Even their pets, Muche and Daddy Cat, will make you feel like family! (prepare for Muche's welcome kisses every time you come home!)

Note that the guesthouse offers basic accommodation with shared bathroom. Do not expect anything fancy. Water pressure and wifi signal were weak at times but tolerable. The walls are made of thin native material so it can be noisy sometimes.

However, I find the little touches like free drinking water, hot water for coffee in the morning, communal fridge, laundry area, jaccuziand wifi as special extras that make for a convenient stay. I also liked the location of the guesthouse - 1-2 mins off the main road so it was not as noisy. Just note that because of typhoon Haiyan, the lamp posts on the street are not working. Bring a torch with you when walking back to the guesthouse at night, as it can be very dark.

If you are a budget traveler, you might also be thrilled to find affordable food places on the same street as the guesthouse. I particularly like the small green eatery that serves home cooked Filipino dishes and the halo-halo (frozen Filipino dessert) stand across it as my favorites.

If you want to stay at Patrik & Tezz, book early! They are almost always full!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

Our stay in the guesthouse was really awesome.. we have realy nice and accomodating hosts (Patrik, Tezz, and mama) with 3 pets (muche, babash and daddy cat). The rooms were nice and the place will only cost you less. A nice dip in the dipping pool after the tours. And some poolside chit chat with patrik, tess and other guests while having a cold beer. It's a home away from home.. It was just great!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends