“My first wreck dive!”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“My first wreck dive!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

I just got my certification last month,and that being said I was a bit hesitant to try wreck diving. Aside from that, this would be my first dive with a different instructor I am not used too.
With the rocksteady guys, all my hesitations disappeared. With their friendly staff and well trained divers, I was confident that they will make sure everything's safe and wont push me to my limits.
Our dive instructor Wizard was very accomodating and cautious. He makes sure that all gears are complete, and that we are well brief before the dive. He and the boat staff were very helpful. During our deco, they break the ice and help the divers get along and have a great time while waiting.
The freshly cooked lunch package they offer are always awesome and tasteful!
Karin was very accomodating in answering all our inquiries. They make sure everything's well organized before the boat dive, and if conflicts on schedule arise they always have an option to offer, you wont even notice.
Overall, two thumbs up to Karin, rocksteady divers and their staff! People like them makes me want to go back to Coron and dive again :)

2 Thank bottlesugar

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
Manila, Philippines
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Personalized and Safe Diving Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

Safety is their utmost priority. Observes the safest dive master/guide per diver based on experience, frequency of dives and level. Their dive prices are reasonable. They dont sell you any dive products. They dont promote any of their dive courses unless you ask for their advice. The instructors/guides are all professionals. Despite the stormy weather, they have all managed to keep us calm. I am very happy with their service and hopefully take the advance dive course with them. Rocksteady, you rock!!!

Visited September 2013
2 Thank desdexplorer
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wreck-Diving at it's best!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

We were a small group of 5 divers and visited Coron end of August. Decided by the many positive reviews we had read in advance of the Rocksteady Dive Center we are chosing them. And were not disappointed . Everything is very professional and well organized.Every day the wrecks around Coron be approached . It is possible to complete between 2-3 dives a day. During the surface interval cooked food is served . Usually consists of rice, meat , fish and vegetables. Very tasty. ! Our guides Ken and Dennis are very experienced and also give the less experienced wreck divers feel safe . And the fun does not come off , especially if Ken wear's his elephant hat. ! Before every dive is a detailed briefing on the basis of dive site maps . The wrecks are ships of the Japanese Navy . Gunboat from simple through to oil tanker, everything is there. There are 8 in number and all were sunk on 24 September 1944 by the Americans. They are all still in good condition and are at different depths starting at just below the water surface down to 43 m. So there is something for everyone . From diving beginners to experienced divers. We can Rocksteady Dive Center only recommend . Finally, we want to thank you all. Thank you for guiding us. We will always keep diving with you in mind . ! !

1 Thank Bong-Diver
London, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Good diving, good company, good lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

I'm very glad we chose Rocksteady! They were very professional, the equipment was in good conditions and our dive master was really nice.

The visibility wasn't amazing, but we were still able to enjoy our wreck diving. The dive master tried to make the most out of the diving path, since we were Open Waters and couldn't go too much inside the wrecks.

We did 3 dives in one day and everything was super smooth: we didn't have to worry too much about the gear, as the staff was setting most of it for us and we enjoyed a great lunch that in between dives. Oh, and there was also an "end of the day" beer included at the end ;)

1 Thank MariaCNeves
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Fun, safe, professional and friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

Diving with Rocksteady is probably the best way to maximize a Coron dive trip, regardless of weather or season. The divemasters and instructors are highly experienced and follow a superb safety system. At the same time, if you're adventurous and capable they will take you to some truly remarkable places. The equipment and boats are well-maintained, all gases used are pure, and lunch is great. But the people at Rocksteady truly make the experience special, and I'm grateful to everyone there for an excellent week of diving (especially Bong and Thomas - thanks for bringing the wrecks to life)!

1 Thank Niko S