“Best Dive Shop in Coron”

Rocksteady Dive Center
Ranked #2 of 24 Tours in Coron
Birmingham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best Dive Shop in Coron”
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

My partner and I are experienced divers from the UK and have dived worldwide. The experience we had at Rocksteady was brilliant. The staff are all friendly and knowledgable. Karin, the manager and owner is not only knowledgable about diving but also happy to share tips about what else is on offer to do in Coron. The instructors and dive masters are enthusiastic about the diving and want to ensure you see the most you can from the wrecks, depending on your certification. We had some particularly good tips from Denis and Wizard about what to see on the wrecks, which made our diving more enjoyable and varied. All in all, a highly professional and well run dive shop which I would definitely recommend.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Helen M

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
Groningen, The Netherlands
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Dive operation as it should be”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Rocksteady is amongst the largest dive shops operating from Coron, if not the largest. I really enjoyed diving with them, the boats are in good condition and the crew is a fun bunch of people. You can notice in everything that its all about the wreck diving here, and the DM was very professional and safe in his guiding, which in my opinion is extra important during wreckdives. As it was high season they had to rely on backup (older) equipment which was the only negative point, but only a minor one.

Moscow, Russia
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Best way to experience wrecks of Coron”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We dived in Coron bay area in the first two weeks of the December 2013, some few weeks after terrible typhoon that hit Philippines in November of that year. It is important to notice that people from Rocksteady made everything possible for us not to notice any consequences of the typhoon. Thanks to them our vacations did happen. And it was awesome.
My special thanks go to Karin. She helped us with the trip to Apo reef. And was exceptionally friendly and helpful.
I also want to prize our guide Denis, who made wreck penetrations safe and turned it into an astonishing experience.

Visited December 2013
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Dive Experience!!”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I had a great time with Rocksteady. Got my AOW here, yay!

My DM, Thomas, was great. Very chill, nice, and calm. Made me feel at ease and very relaxed. No problems whatsoever - I enjoyed every single dive immensely.

Thank you, Rocksteady, for such a wonderful diving experience.

Visited December 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Planned 15 dives, done 30!”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

My girlfriend and I spent 3 weeks on Coron. We came for the diving, since we both work as dive professionals as well. We planned to do about 15 dives, ended up doing 30!
Why?
This is the safest, best maintained most knowlegeable diveshop your gonna find in that area.
These guys do incredible hard work to make your day.
Some of the eyecatching staff:

Karin "the boss": Manager of the diveshop, don't take it personal when she's stressed a bit sometimes befor you tried yourself to keep a couple of philipino employees working ;-)

Angy "crazy lady": You have to meet her yourself! A legend! The type of a person you could spend days with just talking and you wouldn't get bored!

Wizard "the Lizard": He's the Smurf of Rocksteady! He always makes sure you keep an eye on him, even when hes about 150cm, by making jokes and fun from the first second of the day to the last. For sure your dive light is gonna be "wifi-ready" if you get to dive with him ;-)

All of the staff are really good and incredibly experienced divers!
I wouldn't have done so many dives if I wouldn't trust this shop 100%!

Go and see for yourself and your gonna have an incredible good time!

Visited November 2013