“Best centre I've dived with”

Rocksteady Dive Center
Ranked #2 of 24 Tours in Coron
Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best centre I've dived with”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Super relaxed and super professional. Being safe and professional in a dive centre without any fun is a waste of money in my mind. Rock Steady combines the fun with safety and you really come away feeling like your money was well spent!

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Tim G

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent professional operation”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Undertook 9 dives with Rocksteady and was very impressed with boat crew / Master Divers. The owner is very nice and professional.
The only criticism I have is that some of the gear is old and many of the depth gauges do not work. However the shop lent me a diving watch free of charge due to this.
Highly recommend this business and will certainly use them again should I return.

Visited June 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great diving experience”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Went diving here as part of my first dive after only recently obtaining my padi certification, so was a little apprehensive.

However, I had a great experience with rocksteady. Kitted us out with some good gear and then got I in the boat.

The boat was great, very comfortable for the six divers as well as crew. And the dive master, john, took us to some amazing dive sites. Barracuda lake, where it gets to 38 degrees! And two wreck dives also! The wrecks were amazing and so pleased we saw them.

He was great as a dive master, and made sure that I was comfortable at all times with it being my first dive, as well as having some trouble equalising.

Good on the boat was really nice too!

Shame I had a full trip already booked as I would have liked to have done some more diving with these guys

Chicago, Illinois
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Good Crew at Rocksteady”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Planning began for our dive trip roughly four months in advance. Lodging and dive shops were main concern, however, eating establishments were overlooked and kinda bordered on 'we'll figure it out once we get there' (btw, we suffered for that). Numerous emails sent between Rocksteady and my dive partner outlying our desire to dive all 9 Japanese wrecks during our visit. This advance coordination and Karin's 'we'll make it happen' attitude paid off.

When we reached Busuanga we headed directly to our lodging and then immediately went to Rocksteady to check in with Karin and drop off our dive gear. Karin checked our dive licenses and then had us fill out required dive forms, etc. Then we lightly went over a rough plan based off of our email correspondence to dive the wrecks. After that we were asked if we have any preference to lunch menu they provide, which for most of our dives consisted of rice, fish and various veggie concoctions that were delicious.

One thing is for sure, Rocksteady is not on Filipino time and that was much appreciated. If Karin said be at the shop at 0700, it means you should be there at 0700. I think once we were 5 minutes late, but thankfully it didn't cause a ruckus.

Rocksteady has a jeepney and cargo-type trike that will take you and your gear down to where the boats are moored. Upon return, you will most likely have to take a small dingy from the boat back to shore. It can be an experience if the dingy is overloaded (I'll leave it at that). Each diver is given a small crate box and their gear is kept there throughout the trip. Note: Boats are large bangka outrigger style that have plenty of shade, bench seating, very comfortable. If you're a diver who likes to bring a small pack of snacks and Gatorade along, no worries, there will be room.

We managed to hit all our marks. Kogyo Maru/Morazán Maru, Kyokuzan (about 1.5 hr dust filled ride in back of jeepney to reach the site, but well worth it), IJNS Akitsushima/Okikawa Maru/Lusong Gunboat and last dives were the IJNS Irako/Olympia Maru/East Tangat Gunboat.

For me, Coron is not a place I plan to visit again in the near future for numerous reasons. However, diving with the Rocksteady group made our Coron trip worthwhile and it truly was a memorable diving experience. I highly recommend Rocksteady if you plan to dive in Coron wrecks.

Visited May 2014
Montana
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Want To Dive Coron - Then Go With Rocksteady”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I dove with Rocksteady from 25-28 May 2014. I use TripAdvisor to make informed decisions when I travel. This was no different for this trip. I dithered around reading about all the dive shops in Coron. It took me a good month to make up my mind on which dive shop to go with. I will be honest, I am tough judge of dive shops. I have had good experiences and very bad experiences with other dive shops and I didn't want this trip to ruined over a poor choice of dive shop. It wasn't. Rocksteady was a good choice. Karin (one of the owners) is friendly and accommodating. She ensured my dive buddy and I hit all the wrecks that I had on my list. We dove the following: Kogyo Maru, Morazán Maru, Kyokuzan Maru, IJNS Akitsushima, Okikawa Maru, Luson Gun Boat, IJNS Irako, Olympia Maru, and East Tangat Gun Boat.

She arranged for us to dive the Kyokuzan Maru (mentioned above). It involves a 1 1/2 - 2 hour Jeepney ride to the North for two dives on it. It has the best visibility of all the wrecks in this area and was worth it. Keep in mind though, because of the distance, etc, and the need for Rocksteady to rent a dive boat in that area it is more expensive to go up there. If I was going to only dive one wreck in Coron then that one would be it. There will be sticker shock if only one or two of you are going but I would say save your pennies before you come to Coron so you can make that dive.

Rocksteady is a solid choice to dive with in Coron. Good crew, good ownership, good boats, good divemasters, good attitudes, good service, small numbers on the boats for a more personalized guided experience, and great t-shirts. Coron wrecks are crossed off my list and now on to other wreck diving destinations.

Visited May 2014