“Villa Hermosa is my home in Coron!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Coron
Coron Villa Hermosa
Ranked #32 of 73 Coron B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 January 2012

The accessible location renders most town attractions and services you may need within walking distance. You can easily feel the local character of the town by sitting on the porch and observing the activities on the street. The rooms (I’ve slept in all of them!) are clean and spacious, and the staff are accommodating.
Before or after the day’s tour, you may opt to do other things you can only do at Villa Hermosa: walk Baby the dog to the park, feed Billy the goat with banana peel, or catch a falling ripe mango from the tree at the sidewalk (Done ‘em all!). Best of all, you can talk with the lovely owner Susan about almost anything under the sun. She can even make you well, as she did when I once caught the flu from the island.
I’m a regular since I discovered Villa Hermosa almost 2 years ago, it’s always “Nice to see you again Susan!”

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shane C

Reviewed 18 January 2012

Villa Hermosa in Coron is definitely a wonderful place that is run by a wonderful woman with her wonderful heart. We spent 3 nights at this lodge, and it was one of our best moments in our life. It might be sounds too much, but that's the facts.
The lodge location is right in the heart of the town, it's in a walking distance from the port / loading dock and the market. Make it a perfect place to stay. The room is very nice, we had the biggest room in the lodge. It is spacious , has it's own bath room, has TV inside, and it's affordable! They also had a various choice of breakfast.
Despite the perfect rooms and the lodge itself, the owner of the lodge is the greatest thing. She is a nurturing helpful person, she helped us arranging tour around the island and give us helpful advise.
Thank you so much for the everything. We do hope to come back again soon Ate Susan :)

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank chikadjati
Reviewed 15 January 2012

I went with my friend to this small island and she had arranged all the travel accommodations. We were picked up at the airport and then whisked away to Tita Susan's cute little place. Super easy to find at night, thanks to the christmas lights and sign hanging off of the entrance.

We were lucky and got the bedroom with two beds; space is limited here since there are only five rooms, and I like my friend but I like having my own bed more.

The thing I liked the most is that I felt super safe here. My friend and I returned really late one night (from Helldivers, which turned out to be our nightly retreat spot thanks to their good drinks and free wifi) and we found one of the guys waiting for us at the entrance when we got back. It was a really nice touch.

The rooms are pretty clean, though, if you can avoid throwing trash away here, especially if you're staying for a while or if it's food, I'd recommend doing so. For the duration of your stay, they don't really come in to the rooms to clean, so we actually got a cockroach one night. I guess ants and bugs are sort of almost expected when you're on an island like Coron, but an older me would have freaked out at the number of ants I saw crawling on my stuff and bed.

I only have two minor complaints about this place (other than the unavoidable bugs). One was that our toilet had several cracks in it. We decided to tough it out rather than complain about it, but man, going to the bathroom in our own rooms was painful (so sometimes I would use the public toilets).
The second was that sound travels fairly easily here, so come equipped with earplugs or an iPod. We weren't sure if it was just because there are a lot of animals on the island or what, but every morning I woke to cats yowling really loudly. Ah, island life.

That being said, everyone was super friendly, the breakfast was really tasty, and the advice and tips offered for where to travel and stuff were pretty spot on. Plus there was an AC in the room. Hooray for AC! The place is also super close to the market, Xpedition, and Seadives, where you can find wifi haha. Overall, a pretty nice place :)

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jessica S
Reviewed 15 December 2011

A wonderful place located 2 roads behind the seaside.. quiet, clean, nice and more than all - conducted by wonderful Susan De La Rosa, who was always there for us to care, chat and just to smile her big and wonderful smile... this place worth every single peso and even more, and Susan's tips are helpful and useful!!! A quiet peace of heaven you won't regret you entered to...

Thank you Susan for everything!!!

Moshiko & Hadas, Israel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Moshiko C
Reviewed 12 December 2011

My friend and I visited Coron last November 24-27, 2011. We didnt have any hotel reservations but we were so lucky to find Villa Hermosa through the help of the van driver who picked us from the airport. Villa Hemosa is a 5-room guest house owned by Tita Susan. The package she offered for our stay was very reasonable and the room offered to us is spacious (we have 2 queen sized beds, our own CR and shower, its air conditioned, and has TV) plus the package includes breakfast. The place is really homey and clean plus I felt safe there during our stay there. It also has a generator during power outages within the area. Tita Susan and the staff were very kind and accomodating and they gave us pointers to get around town. Tita Susan is also finds time to chat with us and asks us how we enjoyed our tour and also gives us insights on the best palces to visit. I would really recommend Villa Hermosa if your looking for a place to stay that offers good value for your money. Plus its near the market place and Corongaleri where we got our tour packages. I will surely go back and stay there if ever I find myself in Coron again! =)

• Stayed: November 2011
3  Thank Purpleybluesam
Reviewed 12 December 2011

Great place,homely atmosphere, excellent and warm service- recommended!

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Dgoto
Reviewed 6 December 2011

The very first time i saw this lodge, i thought it was kinda expensive because of its name (Villa Hermosa) but a very good friend of mine told me that this place is very affordable for everybody especially for travelers...And yeah, it is!...It's not just affordable but is a very good place to relax after a long day of island hopping, mountain climbing, etc...You can find this place at the center of the town, walking distance from Church, Restaurants, Plaza and Mt.Tapyas...The owner and crews are all very accommodative...

Room Tip: All rooms are relaxing