“Super professional dive shop-excellent equipment”

Corto Divers Dive Centre
Ranked #1 of 29 Tours in Coron
More attraction details
Owner description: Corto Divers is located in Coron town, on Busuanga Island which is one of the two main islands of the Calamianes archipelago in the region of Palawan in the Philippines. Coron is the Philippines Capital of Wreck diving. There are also many beautiful reefs that still showcase the amazing diversity of the Philippines corals and under water life. French, English and Tagalog speaking guides and instructors, with qualifications and experience, are here to help and guide you throughout your stay among us.
Reviewed 24 June 2014

It's incredibly important to chose a dive shop with excellent safety standards and equipment when doing wreck dives, and Corto Divers does just that. This is a French-run dive shop (of course they speak English) and not PADI affiliated, which is a nice breath of fresh air. You don't need to go to a PADI dive shop despite what PADI says- I've been to several unprofessional PADI-approved dive shops, so they clearly don't check the safety standards of their dive shops regularly.
Corto Divers is extremely professional, and they really take your safety seriously. The equipment was brand new, the lunch was delicious. There are cheaper dive shops in Coron, but I believe that it's more important to stick with professional dive masters/shops than to save $3-5.
They also have rooms above the dive shop that are really nice though I didn't stay in them as I already had accommodation. It's a little tricky to find the shop as it's not on the main road- ask your hotel where they are. Or call them and see if you can just stay at the dive shop!
Oh, and the staff are super friendly.

1  Thank Kiri M

Reviewed 21 June 2014

As a beginner, i looked around the different dive shops and decided to go with Corto Divers..
I chose it because of the feeling i had with the staff while explaining my fears.
Everything went well, and thanks again to the Team..Thumbs up to Randy and Carlo for the nice food on board..
The gear looks well maintained...

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

A small but professional team. As I arrived there I only had 5 dives (I did 5 more there). However, they took me seriously and asked me which dives I would like to do. The atmosphere on the boat was relaxed but as soon as it came to diving it was professional. While diving around the wrecks the guide (even he/she wasn't my buddy all the times) regularly asked me how I feel and if everything is ok. I was diving with Olivier and Dalina (not sure about the spelling, sorry;). Both were all the time very calm which made me feel very comfortable diving with them.

They do not offer beer on the boat, which I think is a good idea! However, after the dives we all the time had a drink in a nice and relaxed atmosphere at the dive shop.

I stayed at a place close by, as the rooms upstairs were fully booked. I was able to see the rooms once (I had dinner with the other divers) and would recommend the rooms at the dive center. It is not in the center of Coron, but as it is a small town and  there are a lot of (honest) Tricylce drivers, this is no real issue.

I definitely would go there again. Friendly, familial but professional atmosphere!

1  Thank Manuel B
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I was living in coron for six months, and did my divemaster at Corto the last three of them. (Also the wreck and nitrox-speciality) Better dive-center can't be found, staff is just lovely, and will continue to be close friends to me for the rest of my life. If you want great value for your money, best treatment, the best dive-gear, and a really good dive-experience, this is the place to go! Safety is always first, and the customer always in the centre. If you chose to stay at the dive-center, the rooms are cheap, clean, and really good in standard. Nothing bad to say at all, except from that i reely miss it, and have an urge to get back there soon!
//Roger

2  Thank Roger-Waage
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Dived with Corto Divers for 2 days and did my advanced diving course with Dalila. I knew when I sat down with Olivier after researching a few others that I was going to dive with them. Really professional and friendly. After dive get togethers were really fun too. I also stayed at the dive shop and it was so comfortable and affordable. Highly recommend them, no need to go anywhere else.