“Safety Comes First”

Corto Divers Dive Centre
Ranked #1 of 24 Tours in Coron
More attraction details
Owner description: Corto Divers is located in Coron town, on Busuanga Island which is one of the two main islands of the Calamianes archipelago in the region of Palawan in the Philippines. Coron is the Philippines Capital of Wreck diving. There are also many beautiful reefs that still showcase the amazing diversity of the Philippines corals and under water life. French, English and Tagalog speaking guides and instructors, with qualifications and experience, are here to help and guide you throughout your stay among us.
Hong Kong, China
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Safety Comes First”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Yeah i went for a 2 dive session last Aug 8 2014 with Olivier and Nicole. They had made my dive a wonderful experience. I knew that i was in good hands when they started to ask me questions about my dive experience. Even though i had been diving for quite awhile, i still had a little bit of fear because it would be my first to give shipwreck diving.

But the fear was overcame by the good equipment and the divemaster (Nicole) that guided me throughout my dive.

We had a perfect dive because of the good weather and good visibility. We even chanced upon a turtle on our first minute of our dive at the Okikawa Maru shipwreck.

The dive boat was also spotless and the ride was a smooth as a "Rolls".

No wonder they are number 1 in Coron. Keep it up guys.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank phytogerm

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Amazing experience for family learning to dive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

My 2 daughters (23 & 12) and I took the 3-day PADI Open Water Course in early Aug 2014. Our dive instructor was Olivier, joined by captain Nelson and dive assistant/cook extraordinaire Carlo. We 3 were the only students, and Carlo dove with us on 4 of the 6 dives.

We found Corto Divers through Tripadvisor (top rated activity in Coron) and exchanged email before we arrived. Each day started at 8:30 am, and returned approximately 3:30-4 pm. The dive sites were 40-60 minutes by boat, 2 per day.

Olivier was a professional and patient teacher. Each night, we had about an hour’s “homework”. Equipment was top notch, with many were new (fins, wetsuits, booties). We used 3mm long wetsuits, and BCD with integrated weights. Fresh Filipino lunch was prepared on board by Carlo and served between dives, which we all loved.

Taking the OWC in Coron was fabulous. Beach training was more realistic, and allowed us to follow up with short 30 min dives. Dive highlights included reverse thermocline in Barracuda Lake from 28C-38C (82F-100F), and opportunity to do two shipwreck dives as newbies.

RECOMMENDATIONS
- We highly recommend Corto Divers, and the locations they chose for the dives/lessons.
- The 3 day OWC starts early, so you will require a minimum of a 5 day trip, to allow for the 18-24 hours of no diving before flying back.
- We opted to stay in Coron town proper, rather than on Coron island. The resorts on the island seemed nicer (and pricier), but required coming back to the Coron town to access the docks, which apparently took 45 mins or more each way.

Thanks for the unforgettable experience, Olivier and co.

Visited August 2014
Oakland, California
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Super professional dive shop-excellent equipment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

It's incredibly important to chose a dive shop with excellent safety standards and equipment when doing wreck dives, and Corto Divers does just that. This is a French-run dive shop (of course they speak English) and not PADI affiliated, which is a nice breath of fresh air. You don't need to go to a PADI dive shop despite what PADI says- I've been to several unprofessional PADI-approved dive shops, so they clearly don't check the safety standards of their dive shops regularly.
Corto Divers is extremely professional, and they really take your safety seriously. The equipment was brand new, the lunch was delicious. There are cheaper dive shops in Coron, but I believe that it's more important to stick with professional dive masters/shops than to save $3-5.
They also have rooms above the dive shop that are really nice though I didn't stay in them as I already had accommodation. It's a little tricky to find the shop as it's not on the main road- ask your hotel where they are. Or call them and see if you can just stay at the dive shop!
Oh, and the staff are super friendly.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Kiri M
Manila, Philippines
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Feeling safe..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

As a beginner, i looked around the different dive shops and decided to go with Corto Divers..
I chose it because of the feeling i had with the staff while explaining my fears.
Everything went well, and thanks again to the Team..Thumbs up to Randy and Carlo for the nice food on board..
The gear looks well maintained...

Visited June 2014
Aarau, Switzerland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Familial, friendly and professional ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

A small but professional team. As I arrived there I only had 5 dives (I did 5 more there). However, they took me seriously and asked me which dives I would like to do. The atmosphere on the boat was relaxed but as soon as it came to diving it was professional. While diving around the wrecks the guide (even he/she wasn't my buddy all the times) regularly asked me how I feel and if everything is ok. I was diving with Olivier and Dalina (not sure about the spelling, sorry;). Both were all the time very calm which made me feel very comfortable diving with them.

They do not offer beer on the boat, which I think is a good idea! However, after the dives we all the time had a drink in a nice and relaxed atmosphere at the dive shop.

I stayed at a place close by, as the rooms upstairs were fully booked. I was able to see the rooms once (I had dinner with the other divers) and would recommend the rooms at the dive center. It is not in the center of Coron, but as it is a small town and  there are a lot of (honest) Tricylce drivers, this is no real issue.

I definitely would go there again. Friendly, familial but professional atmosphere!

1 Thank Manuel B