“Great resort, ok dive centre” 4 of 5 bubbles

Sea Dive Resort
Lonon, United kingdod
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great resort, ok dive centre”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Getting off the boat at the port, we were approached by a guy pushing this place. As 2 of the group were divers, we thought we would give it a go, and as there were 6 of us in total, with some haggling, we got a good deal on rooms. At first glance, to food is expensive, but its no cheaper out in Coron town unless you eat really local.
We went Island hopping one day with our boat captain Jam Jam who was great and although some of the places get a little busy, we have a great and relaxing day.
We then did 2 days of diving. The diving itself is amazing and the wrecks are a sight to behold. Sadly our first day was rather dampened by an argument between the 2 instructors on the boat about the way one student should have dived. Unfortunately, as we are both instructors too, they attempted to drag us into the argument, but we weren't playing ball!
On day two however, we had a great dive guide - Niko - who was friendly, helpful and gave clear briefings. He was fantastic in the wrecks, and when i couldn't do the 3rd dive due to congestion, he was lovely and made sure that I was ok on the boat.
All in all, the resort and dive shop were an easy combination for us as divers, and the communal areas are a great place to meet fellow travelers. Shame about the slightly unprofessional behavior we witnessed.
I'd recommend it, but maybe with caution for inexperienced divers.

Visited June 2014

• Hebrew first
Philippines
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 177 helpful votes
“Double Check Reservations”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

This hotel is a bit steeper than most of its kind in Coron. Originally booked my stay here for three days, but had to cancel the 2nd day as I took a 1D/1N package to a private island in Culion - some 2 hours away by boat. The hotel gladly accepted my cancellation for the 2nd day, and kept the bulk of my belongings while i was gone.

I've eaten here twice, and it's the normal meal - nothing special. If you are looking for better deals or are in a budget, you can walk a few meters along the street to find yourself amongst "carinderias" or local food shops.

As much as my reservations went well in this resort, my friend from Israel wasn't that lucky. Despite having a welcome plackard for the both of us in the airport by the staff who picked us up (for 150pesos), the hotel failed to locate his reservation. Good thing mine was a double room so we resolved ourselves in bunking together.

I'm a diver too, but I never availed their services as I was looking for some cheaper ones, which i managed to get on the wharf. But, I heard from friends that they offer quality services and dive-masters.

Location-wise, it is good - accessible to pharmacies, tour operators, tricycle terminals, banks and eateries.

Visited March 2014
Spring Hill, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

I was directed to Seadive by a bald local guy telling me that this was the best place in Coron to dive. One day of diving at Seadive was one too many. Customer service was nonexistent. No oxygen on the boat, no boat briefing, no dive briefing. The staff was sleeping on the boat. They have the largest boat in Coron, and they fill it with divers and everybody dives at the same site. If you are not in the first group, the visibility end up being really poor.

The following day, I went with a different operator. SO MUCH BETTER. Smaller boat, but only 4 of us. And 2 guides. Much more personal and safe.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank John C
“Awsome!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Been here for 5 days in may.great views,deals and staff.payed only 450 for me and my girlfriend.if you are in coron you must visit.they also have the best dive company by far.

Beijing, China
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Nice diving instructor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Special thx to my instructor, Vince. It seems his good reputation has already gone beyond comments of tripadvisor. When i wrote a travel diary on Mafengwo.com about my diving experience in Coron with Sea Dive, another girl also commented that Vince was such a nice and patient diving guide, who took pics for everybody all the time, and answer questions in quite a detailed and professional ways. I enjoyed my rescue diving course there very much, and those good victim players. such a nice place to meet all these friendly and nice divers.

Visited April 2014