Sophia's Garden Resort
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
All reviewspool and jacuzzigarden resortrelaxing placenice gardensuperb serviceper personpros and consromantic dinnertown centreexcellent staypeace and quietaffordable priceairport transfertocinorestaurant staffminute tricycle rideneeds improvement
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I truly hope that I can return to Coron one day so that we could stay here again. This small resort was perfect, the staff very helpful. I loved opening my door and seeing the pool a stone throw away! The staff can arrange massages, which take place in your room, as well as airport transfer and rides into town. They also arranged day tours and have several available. We did an island hopping tour which was spectacular! If we had another day in Coron I would have done another tour. The food was very good and the staff would even take our breakfast orders at dinner the night before!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank themanda
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Sophias is a very pretty, clean and cozy garden resort with a good sized swimming pool. There are 4 rooms on the left, 4 rooms on the right and the restaurant in the middle. What makes sophias special is their staff who are extremely helpful and efficient. Even the manager was kind. It was almost perfect.. except for the family occupying the rooms next to ours. The kids were so unruly and noisy and the adults with them just stood there. The staff tried but failed to stop them making noise at 730am! In the end the manager was the one who spoke to the mother who was even a doctor.
Overall we enjoyed our stay. The garden was beautiful, the food in the restaurant was okay and the staff amazing! The thin walls is a problem especially to light sleepers like me tho. Im just hoping they consider putting all the families with kids in one area and ones without in the other.

Room Tip: If you can ask for a room far far away from families with little noisy kids..,
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Mity C
Reviewed 7 April 2014

My hubby and I stayed at Sophia's Garden Resort for 3 nights this March 2014. I would like to commend all the staff for making our stay a pleasant one. They are always very accommodating, warm, friendly and attentive. The property is not so big, resort only has 8 rooms but the garden is well kept and clean, pool is ok, and is a nice place to hang out during breakfast and dinner time. Beds and pillows are so comfortable, its so nice to sleep after a tiring day of island hopping and beach bumming.
The only concern is that the room walls are quite thin. We stayed at room 5, and unfortunately on our second night the family that stays beside us is quite loud. But Jeremy apologized to us for that and we told her that it was really not the resorts' fault. Also the cable signal is quite spotty, only a few channels available, but who needs a cable tv while you are on vacation anyway? I would also suggest to add a bit of variety to their menu, but then the food is quite ok. I love the breakfast that they serve on the garden or at the pool side, very relaxing. Wifi is ok, sometimes connection gets lost but overall its ok for checking Facebook and emails. They also charge a minimum of 50 pesos per person for their own van service if you would like a ride to the town proper ( Sophia's is around 5 minutes drive from Coron town proper or Sentro , as the locals call it) They also helped us arrange a boat for our 2 days exclusive island hopping tour ( we were not joined by other guests, we only paid for the boat)
Overall I would definitely recommend this resort to my friends and family who are staying in Coron. Priced a bit above average from the other hotels/ bb's around town but a relaxing stay is guaranteed. Thank you Sophia's!

PS. Malcapuya Island is so beautiful! One of the best beaches I have been to so far. A must visit in Coron. The boat ride is 2 hours though, waves a bit rough.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank msdee28
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We stayed in this resort for 2 nights. And I could say that this resort really knows how to pamper their guests. The resort itself is not that spectacular if you talk about the facilities/amenities. But what makes them stand-out is their customer service. It seems that their staff are, by nature, kind and happy to be of service (Kudos to Jeremy, who served our breakfast always with a smile, and Darwin, who is always happy to add ice to our bucket). The room is not so big, although it is impeccably clean. It is not soundproof either, as I can hear the footsteps when somebody pass by our room. But due to its size (large garden property), compared to the number of rooms (only 8 rooms as of now) we seldom see other guests. The food is okay, although the choices of food is quite limited. But I really love their pool area specially during the night when the pool is lighted with different glows. I just love our late night dinner by the pool. It's a romantic place, I could say. Although it's a little far from the town, they do arrange shuttle service for a small amount (P50 per person or $1.10 per person). Going back you could take a tricycle for a lower price. Now I know why they are number one here in Coron, even though they are not the most expensive...

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Roseandthorns
Reviewed 22 March 2014

My wife and I selected this resort based on previous reviews and we were not at all disappointed. Where to start? The grounds are large but private, the staff in incredibly friendly and attentive to your needs for a most enjoyable stay. For the few times I had to check on some work, I would go sit at a table in the dining area. With no other guests around at those times, the staff even played music they found out I enjoyed - how thoughtful! Speaking of the dining area, we ate at the restaurant on site a few times both for dinner and lunch. The food selection was good and the food delicious; we especially enjoyed some of the local dishes. Breakfast was excellent and a good portion size. The pool and jacuzzi tub were such a welcomed amenity after a days visit out and about. The rooms were excellent in size and condition, with our AC unit working very well. We enjoyed not being right inside of Coron town which made for a very peaceful retreat. The 5-10 minute tricycle trip into town was never a problem.

With thanks to the whole staff and especially to Charmaine, Jeremy, Peter, Darwin, Vincent, and Boyce Avenue, we would not only stay there again but in fact can hardly wait for our next visit at Sophia's Garden.

Room Tip: Rooms furthest from the main office have lesser Wi-fi reception.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple