“Coron Adventure”

Ranked #42 of 62 Coron B&B and Inns
Manila
“Coron Adventure”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Me and my girlfriend went to Coron last Sep 12-14 and had the best time there! Micasa Lodge enhanced the experience with their clean and modern rooms plus friendly and efficient staff. One highlight was we were having a few beers at the opposite hotel but they ran out of ice. I cant drink beer without ice! I called up Micasa to have ice delivered and in less than 5 mins, a bagful of ice was delivered to me. I will no longer mention the name of the hotel that ran out of ice but shame on them and Well done for Micasa Lodge!

Room Tip: Get the one on the same level with the front desk (2nd floor) that's where the wifi comes from s...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ManiLABoY2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Stayed there for 4 days. Rooms were clean and modern though a bit tight, but i just find it ok for the price. The bathrooms clean, modern, with water heater. Change of linen daily. Comes with free breakfast. Service is not so bad. Close to the restos in town. Overall, its worth the money we paid for.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank BoyBimpo
Dubaidubai
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We stayed in Micasa's Ruby Room (6 pax) as i was travelling with my siblings. The room is spacious enough for us and the bathroom is clean (which is my number 1 concern before booking a room!).

Staff are all nice and polite.
Location is in the middle of the town - walking distance to most restaurants, stores and shop.
The jetty port (wherein all tours start) is nearby and one tricycle away from the hotel.
Free wifi in the lobby but we were able to get signal in our room (we stayed in 302).
Breakfast is also complimentary; a la carte basis and the night before they will ask you for your order.

All in all it was a nice experience and you will not notice that you paid less as they have 5 star service!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank doobiegirllalsheesha
Makati
Reviewed 5 September 2013

For me cleanliness is the most important factor. That's why I choosed Micasa and I was satisfied with the staying. Staffs were very nice and hotel was clean, quiet. Micasa is definitely reasonable hotel :) the only defect was the room was wet. Pls improve your fan system for more fresh rooms..

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Chiwon
Phu quoc, Viet nam
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

We stay here for 4 days, so nice when we have welcome drink, helpful staffs, great view at rooftop cafe, good free breakfast, what should we ask for more? Will back next year with my family and Micasa is my first choice

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank B_Boypq
Luzon, Philippines
Reviewed 17 August 2013

My husband and i spent our 5th anniversary in coron, and i chose micasa because of their nice room lay out and affordable rates.. I had a smooth transaction with them from the inquiry to reservations, to van tranfers, to check in and check out.. At first, i thought the crews are snubbish, but when i started greeting and smiling at them, i realized that they were just shy and a little intimidated, but once you start a conversation with them, the palawan values would come out.. I was satisfied with the room.. The bathroom was big.. It was clean when we arrived.. The noise from the trikes are contained.. We never experienced any cut in the electricity during our 4 days stay, even when there are black outs all over town.. They will make up your room by request.. Cabinet is big, that's a plus for me. The bed is big and comfy.. Nice design.. The only not so good thing i noticed, the towels and pillowcases have the smell that it was not dried properly.. A little downy will do the trick i guess haha... Beach towels have 50 peso rental/towel, if u are having trips for 3 days and u need beach towels, just rent one time and let it dry at the balcony, just ask for clothes rack, u can then use it for 3 days for just 50 pesos.. I salute their housekeeping for being so honest.. We deliberately hid a five peso coin under a paper that is for trash before we requested for housekeeping, when we came back it was still there placed on a table for us to see... This lodge passed our test with pride =)... Plus the houseping staff designed our bed so nicely during the day of our anniversary, she/he made the word "LOVE" out of our bath towels on the bed.. We loved it! also the breakfast is great! The food and the view from the roof top... I have seen corto del mar which they said was nice, i saw their rooms, it smelled as if no one was there for years.. I did not like it.. I'd rather stay in Micasa... I will definitely come back again.. And again.. And again! God bless you Micasa..

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank docjolt
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 5 August 2013

The stay was very pleasant and the hotel staff was very friendly and smiley. I have to commend them on their service! The story was that our flight leaving Coron was late in the noon and we requested for late check-out. The staff went to check with the manager and we were told we could do a late check-out as there was no guest checking-in that day into our room. To top things off, we were not charged any additional fee! Although we were prepared to pay the additional fee, the free late check-out was definitely a bonus!

Rooms were clean and cosy. The decor had a minimalist feel to it, think black & white with some red accents. What surprised me the most was that our bathroom had a rainwater shower head, considering that Coron is a sleepy rustic town! So that was definitely a plus!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple