“Among the most stunning beaches I have seen + Nil tourists” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 43 things to do in Coron
Philippines
131 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 538 helpful votes
“Among the most stunning beaches I have seen + Nil tourists”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

Durign our island hopping tour in Coron, we visited Smith's beach. It was accidental - our boatman initially took us to a crowded beach,we said no, then he took us to this pristine beach where there were no tourists - ee loved it and we stayed on for 3 hours.

Smith's beach is a private beach and teh only peopel who live on the island is the native owner family. There is a charge of about 50 pesos per head to use it.

The waters were amazingly clear, for 2 hours we were the only tourists here, then another two people came.

The beach has a small sari sari store which has soft drinks, junk food, and Filipino dishes. There is a bahai cubo that you can use to sit and eat. The sand is soft powdery white, and the beach is shallow - you can walk in a few meters off shore and still be just hip deep in water.

If I were to visit Coron again, I will definitely come here.

Visited September 2012
4 Thank New_YLOO

Bristol, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Camped under the stars!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

I kayaked to Smith Beach from Siete Pecados over 6.5 hours of leisurely kayaking. When I got to the beach, I met the elders of the family that lived there and asked if I could stay overnight. I had a tent but ended up camping up on a flat rock.

The sunset is beautiful from this side of Coron Island, and the Tagbanwa family that live there were very friendly and shared stories and their breakfast with me. I only recommend couples or solo travelers to go here as it is a small beach. The fewer you are, the better.

Take your rubbish home with you, do the natives a favour.

Visited May 2013
5 Thank beachedmermaid
Pasig, Philippines
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“love the limestones”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013

imagine sitting inside a nipa hut, while sea breeze blew your hair. salt is definitely in the air. you have the limestone as your background...while you eat your lunch and savor the fresh catch of the day. that's what we did at smith beach.

we stopped by here to have our lunch. though, it has a limited seashore, still it's the best stopover that we've made. it has powdery white sand. the best of what i've seen.

Visited June 2012
3 Thank Michelle C
Quezon City, Philippines
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Virgin beach with nemo too”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

Sand is powdery white. Got to see and touch star fishes and my hubby saw a clown fish too. Best beach so far compared to Patar Bolinao, Puerto Del Sol Pangasinan, Batangas and Subic.

Visited January 2013