“Love the place and the service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Coron Westown Resort

Coron Westown Resort
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Coron
Pasig, Philippines
“Love the place and the service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stayed for five days and four nights (Holy Week) and we just got back to Manila. Coron is LOVELY and our vacation was made LOVELIER because of our stay in this hotel. The staff are very helpful, attentive, friendly and polite. I asked for several information about the local places and which tour to get and they gave me helpful tips (even if I didn't get it from them). Our room was always clean, sheets and towels fresh everyday. We had a view of the pool at the 4th floor and waking up each morning to see the nature was a bliss. The bathroom (which is always part of my criteria in rating hotels) was spacious and well lit. The facilities I have no complain and yes, a modern elevator. Nice. Food is very reasonably priced. We had an excellent food service although we heard several guests complaining about how slow their order came or the food served wasn't what they ordered. Well, we were lucky. Hubby checked out the breakfast buffet and was a little disappointed for everything looked like they came from canned goods. If there's one area that needs improvement, it's this. Overall? I will gladly go back and I will still recommend this hotel to my friends and co-workers. By the way, I already did on my FB. :) Thanks, Coron Westown for taking good care of us. I seriously hope you maintain your quality over time. God bless the staff and Happy Easter! :)

Room Tip: Get the rooms facing the pool. Very nice view.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rina V
WengCheng, Admin-OIC at Coron Westown Resort, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review following your recent stay with us at Coron Westown Resort. I was so pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I was delighted that we met your expectations, but we are terribly disappointed to hear about your dining experience during breakfast, the F&B Department is addressing your comments and will make improvements on our Breakfast Menu. We hope to welcome you in Coron again!

Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

We moved to this hotel at the eve before the typhoon Yolanda hit Coron. And we were really bslessed that we did. It offered as a safe shelter to weather the storm. Our room didnt experience damage though the hotel lobby, dining and conference facilities were severely damaged. The staff at the night of the storm really worked hard to make sure that we were all safe and even provided food. The following day even with the severely damaged restaurant they served us all free food. As we were stuck at Coron for a couple more days, they made sure to clean up all debris and even cleaned the swimming pool to make sure that we stay comfortable. Kudos to the hotel staff and management. They were tireless in serving the needs of the customers then.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Wendy V
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

my family stayed at the hotel for 3 nights, and i would say that we had a wonderful time at the hotel while we were enjoying our adventures at Coron. The hotel is nice since it is far from the busy streets of the town, you will not be hearing a lot of vehicles from the streets. what i don't like however is the food in their cafeteria which i will give a separate review.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank lonetraveller1979
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

If you're looking for real comforts of a hotel in Coron, this is one of the top choices.

Location
The hotel is located further up town, 10 minutes away by van or trike to the usual jump-off point of island tours in the town proper. 35-45 minutes from the airport.

Pros
1. Great service, most staff are attentive and always smiling.
2. Great spacious rooms with good views, good lighting, comfortable bed, spacious bathrooms.
3. Great pools, good for adults and kids. They have a pool that's really deep (more than 10 feet I guess), good for those testing their diving gear.
4. Elevators are always part of my criteria in judging hotels, and I was surprised to see they have a real modern one!
5. Reasonable rates with good value.
6. Food is reasonably priced with good serving size.
7. Hotel in general has good facilities and furniture.

Cons
1. Terrible booking management! (More of that further below)
2. Food borderlines mediocre.
3. Confusing tricycle rates.
4. No WiFi / paid WiFi.

Booking Management
We availed of a package that involves their Premiere Deluxe Room (the best room type) for a special occasion. I have called 2 1/2 months ahead of our trip to book this. I called about 7 times, reconfirming my reservation each and every time, requesting for an email with deposit information, all of which would end with them telling me they will be sending it, or they have an issue with their internet connection. I also sent around 7 text messages to follow up each of those times, and was only replied to ONCE.

Two weeks before our check-in date, I called again only to be told that they can only give me the Premiere Deluxe Room for 2 out of 3 nights because it was already booked by someone else too. This was upsetting because out of the numerous times I called them, no one bothered to tell me this. I was given the impression that the room was booked by the other party earlier than me, which is hard to believe, mainly because I called them again and again in a span of two months confirming this room. I decided not to make much of a fuzz out of it and just accepted a downgrade to a Premiere Room which they argued the only difference was it didn't have a bathtub, but the truth is, it isn't just that.

On top of that, they found it so difficult to allow us to check out an hour later (which they eventually gave), despite the room downgrade which was easily a P1,500 value that we lost.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the staff but obviously, their booking management and consideration to guests should be improved.

Overall, would have rated this 4 stars if I didn't experience issues with the booking. I hope they maintain the hotel well over the coming years.

Room Tip: Rooms in 3rd and 4th floors facing the pool have good views. Premiere Deluxe Room is worth the extra...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Disso
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

We were booked 9mos ago to Busuanga Island Paradise but due to damages left by Yolanda typhoon, Agoda advised us that BIP is currently incapable of receiving guests and had to be transferred to Coron Westown. This hotel did not disappoint. We had a lovely stay at their handsome, clean, well-lit, elegant room. The entire establishment was impressive and tasteful and I find their swimming pools really inviting. Staff were polite and very accommodating and management was generous enough in affirming our few requests.

I just had some reservations about the food. The prices are reasonable yet the taste and quality seems compromised. To be specific, I just think it's weird to find bell pepper and ginger in my Sinigang and hope it was more "maasim". We ordered this as our lunch in our first day after a long travel and it could've been heavenly comforting if it were more maasim. For dinner, I had Salt n Pepper Pork but the salty part was so prominent I was able to consume 4 glasses of water to wash it down. Then we also had Vegetarian Pizza in our second night and we think that potato strips and carrots don't go well as one of the toppings. Stick with the basics - tomato sauce topped with fresh tomatoes, onions, black olives and green bell pepper then nothing can go wrong with generous helpings of mozzarella cheese.

Lastly, breakfast buffet should also go with some vegetable and non-fried white meat options. My partner is not really a vegan but due to medical condition, it is best for him to avoid red meat and oily/fatty food. Since there is not much of an option for him, all he could savor was the ultra plain omelet and that was a marginalized meal for a buffet set-up. On our last day though, we ordered Chopseuy and Pinakbet for our lunch and got surprised how pleasant these two were. Also, we enjoyed some of their options like grilled chicken sandwich, shrimp pasta and strawberry shake.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ryanghostling
San Ramon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Our group stayed here in 4 rooms for 3 nights in Feb 2014. The resort is clean, new, with nice furnishings, large pools, and beautiful views. The resort is well maintained with attentive staff. You can get to downtown via tricycle w/ 5-10 min ride. The resort has a restaurant and bar. The food is good, especially breakfast, pizzas, and pastas.

There is wifi in the lobby but the signal is poor. You can buy wifi at the restaurant for a cheap price of 100 pesos for 12 hours and it will give you better internet connection.

We had the hotel arrange our 3 day tours with a local company. Make sure you ask the front desk what to expect in each day of tour because it was not provided to us. The first day we didn't know that there was a hike involved & swimming in a hot springs, otherwise we would have been prepared to bring shoes & change of clothes. The snorkeling in different islands were outstanding & unforgettable.

The resort is not near the beach. However being near a beach is not necessary since you do a lot of swimming in the tours. The hotel is 20 min away from the airport. There is a hotel shuttle and they are attentive.

Overall, I give this hotel 4 1/2 stars and would stay here again!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank deegigolo
Quezon City, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

The hotel is new, clean, and impressive looking. The landscaping was bit tacky though and poorly done. The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. All appliances, sockets, and lights were in working condition. They had 3 well maintained swimming pools.

There is free wifi only in the lobby and part of the coffee shop. If you want wifi in your room you have to buy it for PHP 100 for 12 hours. There is no Smart signal where the hotel is located so bring a Globe phone if you need to be accessible.

The food though is so uninspired. I ordered a burger when I arrived, it took too long to prepare and was served cold. The servers were gracious and polite but not trained well. They were also unfamiliar with the menu items and had to go back to the kitchen several times when I asked about certain dishes. The breakfast buffet was one of the worst I have encountered. The coffee served with the buffet was so watery I thought it was tea! They even served canned tuna on our last day there. For PHP 250 per head, this is a rip off.

The tricycles, which is the major mode of transportation in Coron charges PHP 50.00 per head if you are billeted at Westown. Normally, it should only be PHP 15.00. Why the hotel management encourages this (they have the rates posted on the front desk) is beyond me.

If the food and beverage management improves, this would be a good hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple