“Stay Here!”

Coron Paradise Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #48 of 70 Coron B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 January 2014

This B&B is conveniently located in the town proper. Walking distance from restaurants, coffee and souvenir shops and stores. Facilities are well maintained. Staff is accommodating. Room price is reasonable.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Clydee C

Reviewed 16 January 2014

First the positives: I was picked up from the airport with no fuss and dropped at Coron Paradise. The furnishings in the rooms are new and the bed was very comfy. Although unaccommodating the staff were very friendly.

After check in it went down hill. I was shown to a pretty nice room, and I left my stuff and went for lunch. When I returned I was told that I needed to move rooms, they had accidentally put me in the wrong room. OK, so I moved to what I had actually booked; the 'standard fan' room. The room was the smallest I have ever seen in my life. Put it this way, I couldn't put my rucksack on the floor, stand and open the door of the room all at the same time. The size of the room meant it was stupidly hot, and really not suitable for just a fan room. I am used to staying in hot climates, but air con was necessary in this shoebox room. There was no room for any furniture at all, let alone a shower as advertised on the the Agoda website. That evening I tried to use the TV but it wouldn't work. Asking a staff member to help, he switched it on at the fuse box, but explained it was connected with the air con, so if I wanted to use the TV I would be charge an extra 300 Php. I flat refused and told him where to go, pointed out that a TV was included in the price of the fan room, and after 30mins arguing finally agreed, as long as I didn't switch on the air con. It was also advertised to have Wifi in the room, but this was not the case. Annoying, as I had some work to do in the evenings whilst I was here. Wifi was only available in communal areas, and was painfully slow, braving the mosquitoes meant it just wasn't worth using. The next day around lunch time, I was suddenly asked to move rooms immediately. They had obviously double booked the room, so said they were 'upgrading' me. It turned out they just moved me to a standard single room - a cheaper room than what I had paid for. I was told I could move back to the other room the next day... Not happy to keep moving rooms I said no, and asked to stay in the single room, and be refunded the difference in price. I was told I had to keep moving rooms, or stay in the single room, with no refund. Whilst I was in the single room they also let out the double, so we're making an extra $30 off me, as I was here for a week. Talking with the staff was hopeless, although friendly, sorting out issues was way out of their capabilities, and customer satisfaction was obviously a foreign concept. The room I moved in to was also absolutely tiny, although it had a small ensuite it was so compact I had to be careful that the shower didn't get the bed wet.... The rooms were never cleaned unless I specifically requested it, and because the room wad so tiny I didn't want a cleaner walking on my stuff which was on the 0.5m x 0.5m floor (out of necessity) in case they broke something. Towels weren't changed, nor was toilet roll, bins weren't emptied unless I went downstairs to ask. The staff had left the window wide open without the mosquito grill on it, so I spent my entire stay trying to swat mosquitoes, every night I got several bites. Completely unnecessary as the windows do have grills on, the staff just couldn't be bothered to put them across. Bearing in mind I paid 1790 php for the room, I would say this room was worth about 400php a night.

Every morning of my stay I was woken up by the staff talking loudly (basically shouting) in reception, from 6am onwards. One night I was kept awake until 1am by loud music and drunk guests shouting right outside my room. I went down and asked the staff member to ask them to be quieter and he looked at me as if I was mad. Not ideal when you have to be up early to dive.

Other people staying there also had problems with their stay, I heard several people getting annoyed at being made to move rooms without any notice, and tried to overcharge others. To top it off the airport transfer was so late I nearly missed my flight.

All in all this is the worst value for money of anywhere I've stayed in Asia, in 10 months of travelling. The money grabbing owners couldn't care less about customer satisfaction. $30 was more important to them than a happy customer.

Room Tip: Don't consider the standard fan, the cheaper standard single was better value. Ideally stay els...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank traveller1112013
Reviewed 29 November 2013

If you're a mid-range traveller and hates slumpy area, loves top-range service and cleanest rooms and biggest bonus is : modern-contemporary structure... then this is the best hotel in Coron! I have loved my stay here, mainly because of the comfort and the convenience of its location. The staff looked after me with all smiles, and all were very attentive, friendly and anticipated my needs - which impressed me so much! In the morning when I went to the resto to have my breakfast, there's one table all set facing the bay waiting for me, my airport pick-up and drop-off were all arranged, and staff made sure I have all what I need. Booking is a breeze! Will definitely come back! :)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Fritzie D
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

I booked a 5-day package with the owner online and from the moment we were picked up at the airport, my family and I were really well taken care of. The hotel is located on the main road with grill restaurants, sari-sari stores and a big souvenir shop nearby. You can always hail a tricycle outside easily or have one of the staff call one for you. The premises were always kept impeccably clean and the staff would go the extra mile for you. We had welcome drinks when we arrived and met Em, Ana and James (hotel staff). We were able to arrange our supper with their cook and we're just so glad that we did! We feasted like royalty and the seafood was so fresh and perfectly cooked. A really great bang for your buck, I highly recommend "paluto" with Ana! They have two eating areas; one overlooking the roadside and the other one is on the highest level of the property. The higher one was our favorite because it has a view of the mountains and the sea. It was so relaxing and beautiful. They also have a water dispenser there so we just refilled our bottles for supply.

In terms of our room, we had no qualms about it. The extra mattress provided was very comfortable and whenever we needed new towels or extra pillows and blankets, the staff was always on hand. The bathroom was quite spacious and the fixtures are new and modern. We had no problems with hot water although we wished the water pressure was stronger. I guess this is a common problem in Coron but we still had supply even during the power outage (one night only during our stay). We had a big window facing the back of the hotel, where they have a clothesline that you can use to dry your swimsuits and towels. We also had a great wifi connection anywhere in the property and we're so happy with that because instead of going to common areas as the case with other hotels, we had a strong internet connection in the comfort of our room.

Overall, we were so impressed with their staff's hospitality and the hotel itself. We were also glad that we booked our tours and island hopping with them. We had James or Bitoy accompanying us to the port where our tour boats were. In the afternoon, someone would usually be waiting for us to get us back to the hotel. Their partner in the island hopping tours was also amazing and we had an exceptionally wonderul time because of their boatguides. If only we could come here quarterly, we would! Definitely, another Coron trip is a must and we would stay here again!

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank way2denz
Reviewed 11 September 2013

The staff made our stay so unforgettable. Cooking whatever we wanted for dinner and the food was so fresh. I will never forget the dinner we had on the terrace. Thank you for making our stay so pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank tatilicious24
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Coron Paradise was one of the best hotels in Coron. I'd say, if I go back in Coron Palawan, I'll stay in the same hotel. The staff and owner were all very friendly and it's like you never left home. :) The rooms were very clean, specially the toilet room. Food? fantastic! Very well cooked! :) The hotel was one of the things that made our stay memorable. Thank you Coron Paradise Bed and Breakfast! :) -KC EMPHASIS of GMA

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Obviously, Coron Paradise (CP) has just been opened. The place is so clean; the rooms, towels, sheets, appliances...everything is new. Unlike the other hotels/inns nearby, they have LED TVs with cable and a wi-fi connection in the comfort of your air-conditioned room, not just in a common area.
Their employees (mostly natives of coron), are very accommodating and friendly.
The free breakfast is great. A lot of varieties to choose from. And, if it's not included in the menu, you can ask them to cook it for you for a minimal fee.
CP is situated near the port where the boats are docked for the island-hopping tour.
The market, shops (where you can buy souvenir shirts & things) and the church are all walking-distance away. But you may opt to take a ride in an 8-seater motor bike for experience :-)
CP made our 4-day stay in the beautiful and breath-taking Coron very comfortable and worthwhile, they pre-arranged everything for us. We will definitely go back.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends