“Now my comfort food”

KT's Sinugba Sa Balay
Ranked #4 of 76 Restaurants in Coron
Cuisines: Philippine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner
Description: We are a local restaurant serving fresh seafood, homemade noodles, grill fish, vegetarian dishes and many more!!! Now Open for BREAKFAST! Open EVERYDAY 7:30AM to 10:00PM
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Been travelling to Coron for several months now and I swear this is the best place to eat. The fresh lumpia (veggie roll) will make you forget your name. The owner, Kat, will tell you stories till you both cry from laughing. The vibe is so warm. Service is very personal.

Once I ate here and they were short on staff. I became the waiter to my group and it was so cool.

Sinugba is a hidden gem, just a few meters off the National Highway. Soon an art space will be created. The bar will be done also.

Even if this was hit by Typhoon Yolanda (Haiyan), the spirits still run high. The place humbly welcomes you and the experience only runs deep with more stories to tell.

2  Thank Jojo G

Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

A tiny little place on a tiny little street that delivers BIG flavors. They had only been open a few months when we went but it was faultless. The set up is really cute with carved wood tables and chairs all under a thatched roof. Its al fresco dining so if you dont like to eat outside you should reconsider your trip to the Philippines in general! The menu is small but really delicious and there are also a few chalkboard specials everyday. I ate here 6 times in the few days I was coron and I am actually upset I hadn't stayed longer to eat there again! I had everything on the menu and although the fresh lumpia was my favorite it was all really good!! Also they have the best mango shakes in town!

Reviewed 5 November 2013

We love the food and the place, so rustic and with a very charming host/owner . She really made it a point to welcome the customers and make you feel at home. The food is good unlike the others. try it and enjoy... Kat, we'll be back for sure.. See you when we see you... The Sambilays

Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Our friend was a local and so he knew the owner. What was nice about her is that she made all her food and so there was a homey touch to all her food creations. A very creative cook. You must try her banana ginger mango shake! The location was also great and quiet. Another thing you should try here is their fresh Lumpia. Best I've tasted!

1  Thank LenaPera
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This is my first Trip Advisor review, and solely being written because the experience at Sinugba was so fantastic. Coron is a small little town, without much to choose from, but Sinugba offers food so delicious that you could eat here all week. With the exception of one meal, this was the only place I ate at while in town, which is easy considering the rotating specials each day.

Kat, a Cordon Bleu trained chef operates the kitchen and the team with incredible passion and precision. Music plays during dinner service, and the place develops an almost Kerouc-esque feeling of energy and attempted self transcendence through a pursuit of culinary perfection. Dining with friends you can enjoy the music and the open air; dining alone, as I did, you can enjoy the action behind the open kitchen, and the smells wafting through the air.

For those looking for dish recommendations, go for one of the seafood specials; all options are sourced fresh daily by Kat, and prepared on the spot in view of the customers. Most memorable for me were the sweetlips and eel, as well as the fresh lumpia off the regular a la carte menu. The sweetlips was simple in preparation, highlighting the ingredients for what they were, and providing an additional spicy sambal on the side in case you want a bit of heat. The flavor and texture were perfect, and match dishes I have had at fine dining restaurants around the world. If seafood is your choice, you cannot go wrong, and having eaten hundreds of fresh lumpia, this was by far the largest and the best, using quickly stir fried veggies and a delightful peanut sauce.

Overall, wonderful experience, and would come back here regularly if I lived in Coron. I could not imagine a better place to eat, especially after scouring the entire city.