“interesting”

KT's Sinugba Sa Balay
Ranked #3 of 73 Restaurants in Coron
Cuisines: Philippine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch
Description: We are a local restaurant serving fresh seafood, homemade noodles, grill fish, vegetarian dishes and many more!!! Now Open for BREAKFAST! Open EVERYDAY 7:30AM to 10:00PM
Reviewed 23 May 2014

im from manila, i really loved the food obviously this bad comment that i read is very false and ruining, i dont see why anyone should believe because bad comments are 1/10 these are competitors of other establishments that obviously want to ruin the best restaurant in coron... please dont do that it is very disrespectful and rude because first of all the chef is very pretty and we live in the philippines it is hot however you exaggerated the dripping sweat blah blah blah, and is it your first time eating in a paper plate?

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

We spent one night in coron and visited the restaurant. The food was awesome, we had the stingray curry. The staff were friendly and the whole experience was like being at the owners home. We loved it!!!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We went there after reading all the good reviews and the whole experience was really shocking.
The first thing that shocked us was the hygiene. Nonexistent. We can be a bit lenient regarding service considering the location but there should be no compromise on hygiene. The kitchen is open and mainly made of wood. The tables where you eat could be nice if it wasn’t for the leftovers from previous guests that lodge themselves in the crevasses. And the plates are made of paper!
And what to say about one of the chefs. He is overweight and was wearing a very tight light grey t-shirt that was drenched in sweat!! He was walking around with body fluids dripping!
From what I read on other reviews, the owner trained in New York. Surely she learned basics in hygiene and HACCP standards.
There were 4 of us that night. We ordered 4 beers. 3 were really cold but the 4th was warm. We asked the waiter if he could change it, he offered ice to put in the glass. Sorry but we don’t put ice in our beer.
2 minutes later he came back with a cold beer.
During the meal I decided to go to the bathroom. As I got up, I found myself stuck to the bench. A rusty nail that was protruding went through my trousers. When my son seated next to me tried to help me, he found himself in the same situation with a nail through his jeans! This misadventure was obvious and nobody from the staff came to neither help nor apologize.

Finally the food. Really nothing special. Their lumpia was swimming in a disgusting sweet sauce. They calamares tasted like plastic. Only the grilled fish was good.

We ate in many places in Coron, this is not the best restaurant in town. A restaurant is judged on atmosphere, cleanliness, service, food, drinks, value... They failed on all accounts.
Instead go to Calle Real, Macarios or Sirenetta.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Their sizzling squid is good. The serving is big enough for two people. Budget about P300 per head for a full meal in this restaurant.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We picked here based on trip advisor ratings. We arrived early and no one was there so we hesitated to eat there. We walked around town to find something else and ended up going back and giving the place a try. There was only one other couple when we went back so we decided to try it. It's a bit confusing as to what you do. We initially went in and sat down and we were ushered up to the counter to order from the chalkboard at the kitchen counter. The waitress was not very helpful in explaining the menu items at all. She understood little of what we asked her. Anyways I ordered the BBQ chicken mentioned in a previous review, and pancit. My husband ordered the fish rice. We ended up with a huge amount of food as two of the items were from a sharing menu. The food was yummy. I would give five stars if you could order these items in smaller amounts as solo plates. The solo items listed seemed uninteresting.