when cebu pacific canceled our flight to manila, which was the 2nd flight of the day to be canceled, there was a mad rush to find lodging in coron until the next day. i saw the big sign for the kokosnuss resort outside busuanga airport so i called them and reserved 2 rooms (one for my boyfried and me, another for an english couple we'd dived with earlier in busuanga).
as mentioned by previous reviewers, this resort is not in coron town but about 10 minutes by tricycle outside of it, closer to the airport. from the airport, it's about 20-25 minutes away. when we arrived, there were a few other guests in the restaurant area. a lovely woman showed us to the nipa huts i'd been told were available; these rooms turned out to be quite basic: two single beds and a ceiling fan. there was a shared bathroom that you'd have to share with about 4 other huts. none of us are very high maintenance, but with the stress of canceled flights and missing our connecting international flights, we wanted a bit more comfort, regardless that these rooms only cost PhP400/night or something ridiculously cheap.
after a few minutes waiting, the woman came back with keys to other rooms, one with a private bath with no a/c (the other couple took this one), and the other with private bath, hot water, a tv that barely worked, and a/c (we took this one). our room cost about PhP1800 for the night and was worth it. this was confusing. why wouldn't you sell us the more expensive rooms, knowing we're only there one night? to top if all off, there was yet another couple there who got an even more expensive room in the new building on the property. i think theirs was PhP2500/night.
we had dinner and breakfast here. my boyfriend had the wiener schnitzel and omg - that was SO GOOD!! i could've eaten his plate for him if he hadn't finished it himself. it was the same woman who showed us the rooms that served us dinner. the menu has a lot of german and filipino foods, as well as photos and brochures advertising kokosnuss and activities and sights.
the transfer to the airport in the morning was a bit... limiting. we had the option of going to the airport very early, like 630am, with a group transfer or we could pay PhP1500 for our own transfer. we didn't really want to spend unneccessarily, but we also didn't want to be at the airport so early for a flight that was to leave at 1040am.
all in all, it was a good place to be for the night we were stranded in coron. and from the sounds of other guests on the 2 canceled flights, all the other hotels in coron town were full. in a pinch, i would not hate it if i had to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- KokosNuss Garden Resort is THE place where you can relax! Only 950 meters from the somewhat crowded center and watering holes. Best is: take a 5-minute tricycle ride for 10 Pesos/person,(rate is fixed by municipality) 24 hr service. - Charming rooms - Delicious Food - Enchanting Garden - Great Tours - Reasonable Prices. We offer you: 26 cottages, Bungalows and Hotel rooms, modern or in traditional Filipino style. All rooms are spacious, cool & airy, comfortable, bright and lovely equipped. All rooms and cottages come with private bath rooms with solar hot & cold shower, toilet, hygienic tiled floorings,cable-TV, aircon or ceiling fans, private terraces, balcony or secluded garden, air conditioning or ceiling fans. 24/7 Backup Generator, no brown outs. Our large tropical garden, sheltered and cool, offers a quiet respite from civilization. Garden chairs, hammocks and shaded resting areas invite you to a life of leisure. Garden Restaurant with international and Filipino specials in family atmosphere with good food and low prices. Enjoy our homemade specials and fresh seafood in Filipino, Asian and European style, dine "al fresco". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your KokosNuss Garden Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kokosnuss Garden Hotel Coron
- KokosNuss Garden Resort Coron, Philippines - Palawan Island