Where do I start? Escorted to our room, opened the door and bed had gecko crap right on top. That same gecko that had taken up residence in the upper rafters of our room made his presence audibly known every night. This place is still recovering from last years typhoon and it shows. No television reception for the entire 7 nights and frequent power outages. The kitchen carries zero soft drinks as I don't drink alcohol. Canned juice, coffee and filtered water only. My room was way back on the property and there were no lights at night illuminating the path to my room which led me to stubbing my toe on the concrete curb. When I asked they said the lights were off to reduce the load on the generator. I brought my own (soft/expensive) toilet tissue but housekeeping decided they liked it better and it disappeared on the 1st cleaning. Asked to have it returned but that never happened. The vehicle arranged by the hotel to take us to the airport on departure was 20 minutes late. Everything is overpriced. The identical breakfast meal offered here is available at Sea Dive resort for 90 pesos less and the Sea Dive restaurant sets on the water with a view to the islands. Won't be returning to this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- KokosNuss Garden Resort is THE place where you can relax! Only 950 meters from the somewhat crowded center and watering holes. Best is: take a 5-minute tricycle ride for 10 Pesos/person,(rate is fixed by municipality) 24 hr service. - Charming rooms - Delicious Food - Enchanting Garden - Great Tours - Reasonable Prices. We offer you: 26 cottages, Bungalows and Hotel rooms, modern or in traditional Filipino style. All rooms are spacious, cool & airy, comfortable, bright and lovely equipped. All rooms and cottages come with private bath rooms with solar hot & cold shower, toilet, hygienic tiled floorings,cable-TV, aircon or ceiling fans, private terraces, balcony or secluded garden, air conditioning or ceiling fans. 24/7 Backup Generator, no brown outs. Our large tropical garden, sheltered and cool, offers a quiet respite from civilization. Garden chairs, hammocks and shaded resting areas invite you to a life of leisure. Garden Restaurant with international and Filipino specials in family atmosphere with good food and low prices. Enjoy our homemade specials and fresh seafood in Filipino, Asian and European style, dine "al fresco". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Odigeo, HotelsClick, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your KokosNuss Garden Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kokosnuss Garden Hotel Coron
- KokosNuss Garden Resort Coron, Philippines - Palawan Island