I normally don't bother writing reviews on here but after reading some of the comments below i feel it necessary !
I don't know if any of the people who have written some of the reviews below realise this, but Palawan/Coron is known as the 'last frontier' which means this is not the place to go for pedicures, fine champagne and 'soft/expensive' toilet roll. If this is what you are looking for STAY AWAY!
However, if, like me you relish going to parts of the world that are uncommercialized, beautiful and a little ruff around the edges, then Coron is definitely somewhere you should go. I have visited Coron 3 times now and by far one of my favourite places to stay here is Kokosnuss, where stopped 2 months ago. I normally stop at Pat & Tezz's guesthouse which is so cool but they were full, so tried Kokosnuss which was a little more expensive but well worth it. There was still a little damage from the terrible typhoons they had endured but this did not detract from the beauty of the place and the mellow atmosphere. The staff are great and so eager to please, the food was a lot nicer than most places in Coron and the accommodation is cosy and comfortable. Yes we had a few blackouts while i was there but so did all of Coron, and you know what, I think that adds a little bit more to the whole adventure of getting off the well beaten track !
And as for gheckos in your room making themselves 'audibly known every night' OMG, this is Asia gods sake, either grow some or stop at Club Med !!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- KokosNuss Garden Resort is THE place where you can relax! Only 950 meters from the somewhat crowded center and watering holes. Best is: take a 5-minute tricycle ride for 10 Pesos/person,(rate is fixed by municipality) 24 hr service. - Charming rooms - Delicious Food - Enchanting Garden - Great Tours - Reasonable Prices. We offer you: 26 cottages, Bungalows and Hotel rooms, modern or in traditional Filipino style. All rooms are spacious, cool & airy, comfortable, bright and lovely equipped. All rooms and cottages come with private bath rooms with solar hot & cold shower, toilet, hygienic tiled floorings,cable-TV, aircon or ceiling fans, private terraces, balcony or secluded garden, air conditioning or ceiling fans. 24/7 Backup Generator, no brown outs. Our large tropical garden, sheltered and cool, offers a quiet respite from civilization. Garden chairs, hammocks and shaded resting areas invite you to a life of leisure. Garden Restaurant with international and Filipino specials in family atmosphere with good food and low prices. Enjoy our homemade specials and fresh seafood in Filipino, Asian and European style, dine "al fresco". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Priceline, HotelsClick, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your KokosNuss Garden Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kokosnuss Garden Hotel Coron
- KokosNuss Garden Resort Coron, Philippines - Palawan Island