All reviewsgarden resorttown arearooms are niceupon requestmarketattachingtoursforeignersatm
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Pros:
Staff are nice and cheerful
With wifi at least
Location is on town proper
Old tv (thick old school type)

Cons:
Room looks really old.
The sheet is very thin.
Coffee is not good.
No door but curtains on bathroom
The curtains on the room is silk i think?
You can hear your neighbor talking.

I’m sorry but there are better resorts/hotels with the same price range.
I hope they can renovate.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

I have stayed here before so when i decided to go back to Coron my choice was simple.
This place is about 8 - 12min walk from Coron centre and thus outside most of all noice. There is just a little noice from the street and some rosters.
The rooms are inside a beautiful little garden. And the rooms are nice. But if you look closely you will see that it has been around for a while. But I like it.
Polite and helpful staff which can provide massage, manicure or haircut and take your order for breakfast, lunch dinner or just a snsck.
It's about 30 - 40min from the airport. The road to the airport is under construction some places and you can feel it in the taxi van. Book taxi van in the reception (150,- php).

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

I can see this garden resort as a good place for large groups. Most of the hotels inside town has no space for groups other than your own rooms. In this garden resort, you have the whole compound where you can do other stuff like drinking together comfortably, cooking your own food, hangout outside other than your room and just relax and feel the clean air of coron.

I came here with my dad. We rented their standard room. I initially reserved the cave room but i learned here in trip advisor that the cave rooms do not have airconditioning units. So keep that in mind. Our room is no1 which is nearest to the reception and dinning area. The immediate area of our space has another common area (adjacent and slightly elevated from the dinning area near the reception) around 3 tables. We were able to grill our own food which we bought from the market and ate them in this common area where we invited my dad's long lost cousin for dinner and drinks. Since it is a garden, expect insects, prepare insect repellant alhough the resort places anti-mosquito coils during the night. The insects are not that bothersome that most guests spend time in the common areas to drink and consume food.

What i like most about this resort are the staff and their code of conduct. They assist you in whatever you need. They can do your tour bookings and follow it up for you, schedule you for can pick up to airport with no extra cost, assist you in grilling your food upon request (they will provide all utensils for you, just buy your own charcoal), they provide hot water if your bringing your own coffee and they allow you to refill your drinking water bottles. They are do not restrict you in having your own foods and drinks in the common area. The staff are very friendly that I even spend one night with the staff and drink with them.

Most of the guests here are foreigners. Which i think says about the quality of service here. I would prefer staying here than the limitations of the hotels in the town area where space is limited to your room. The tricycle ride from kokosnuss is at 15 pesos each and you can get to the town proper in 2 mins, to the market in 4-6 minutes. We walked to the town proper in 20 minutes, and to mt tapyas entry point (using a shortcut) in 30 minutes, 1 hour from resort to the peak of mt tapyas. Although i dont recommend walking back from town to the resort because the way back is uphill.

I was able to try the breakfast of kokosnuss and i have to agree with the reviews here that they have excellent bfast. A bit pricey but the corned beef, filipino bfast and banana pancakes are good! If you are a light bfast eater, one order for 2 is enough.

The downisde of our room is that the bathroom is seperated to the rest of the room by a thick curtain and not a door. I do not know if this is the same with other rooms because the staff told us that our rooms were the very first of kokosnuss. Im attaching a picture of this for your reference. The airconditioning unit also is capable of cooling the room but maybe around 23-25 degrees centigrade only. I like cold aircon rooms so i this was -1 for me, however i was able to sleep very well because i drank beer everynight and maybe because of the tiring day tours that you can do in coron.

But still i would still prefer this resort over those resorts inside the town. I would recommend this place to my friends and family and would stay here again next time.

Btw they are the top choice for 2015 and 2016 of the chinese community as indicated in their awards displayed in the reception.

I hope this helps! Enjoy!!!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank liotlois
Reviewed 30 April 2017

I can only comment on the room I was staying, #23. We really enjoyed our few days at the beginning of April this year. Our room was clean, a/c and tv worked fine. The bathroom was quirky, but in a nice way, and the shower worked perfectly. The meals we ate, mainly breakfast, arrived promptly and were well cooked. Yes, the resort is away from the town, but for me, that is one of the major plus points... no city noise!! My only negative was the cash issues and would recommend that the resort make clear in the advertising that they do not accept credit cards (see many of the previous reviews). We were visiting during the Easter week and all of our party had constant battles with the ATM machines in town, all of which had cash flow or connection issues. Moneychanger exchange rates very poor and many would not change UK Pounds, so stress levels were raised from time to time. Apart from that, the resort was everything I wanted/ needed / expected & I would not hesitate to recommend it to future visitors.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 April 2017

Cockroaches and ants in the bathroom.
No door between bathroom and room.
Dirty bedsheets.
Plenty of insects in the restaurant area.
Weak wifi in the room.
No official receipts for payments unless you ask explicitly.

Room Tip: Avoid the small bungalow
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo