“Good Food, Many Insects and Gekko, Friendly Staff”

Busuanga Island Paradise
Ranked #14 of 67 Coron B&B and Inns
Manila
“Good Food, Many Insects and Gekko, Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 4 May 2009

We were a party of 5 and we stayed in BIP for 4D/3N. Two stayed in a Casita while three of us stayed in a La Vista. The rooms are huge and the bathrooms clean. I am very particular with bathrooms as I like them clean and big so I don't feel cramped when showering. Their bathroom passed my standard.

A lot of gekkos can be heard. One even fell on my friend's head while we were on the porch of their Casita, but no harm was done. The sound the gekkos made were disturbing at first but you get used to it. I got lots of mosquito bites and insects were seen everywhere. That's something expected since the resort is like a forest. Also, it was very hard to get a signal from Globe.

The food was delicious. Especially the crab omelette! I am not a fan of crabs but I ate two because it was so good! The food are ordinary day-to-day food, nothing fancy. But they are dee-lish. And they're not expensive. I think the price of the food ranges from 150 - 250 pesos. Presentation is also good. It's really romantic to have dinner by the poolside with the one you love.

The staff was really nice and attentive to our needs. However, their credit card service took a long time before our transaction was processed. The staff is honest as we overpaid and they returned the excess money to us. They even asked us to re-compute and when we got the same amount as we did before, they insisted our computation was wrong and they gave us our money back :)

If you want to stay near a beach, this is not the resort for you. I did not get enough beach time so I wasn't entirely satisfied with the trip. But if you want peace, quiet, alone time with nature, and just be isolated from the world, this is the resort for you.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank 8olebam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
The Hague
Reviewed 26 April 2009

Busuanga Island Paradise is by far the best resort near Coron Town. We stayed ten days and during that time we assessed several other places. Afterwards we were always relieved with our choice. (Though the other hotels, and B&B's may well suit the general backpacker that wants a cheaper deal. Some of the lodgings are very acceptable). Though a bit further from the town centre, their flexible taxi service overcomes that possible downside. On the other hand, we liked the quiet environment and hilly landscape

For us the kind personal service of the resort staff made our stay a wonderful experience. They do their utmost to help you enjoy your day. With not more than 40 guests at one time, they really have the opportunity to make live easy for you. For example: breakfast and dinner can be served where ever you want it, and at any time you want it. We liked to have it on the porch of our casita, but it was also very romantic to sit near the pool. Every evening we had fresh flowers on the table, and with every meal they served complimentary cold clean (!) water. For those who really want to relax, they also give a rejuvenating massage.

The food is acceptable. It is not a Michelin star restaurant, but the menu is good enough to have a nice meal. Bear in mind that Busuanga is a rather desolated island and that the availability of several dishes depends on what the local market has to offer.

Our casita was modern and sufficient. It had a well equiped and spacious bathroom. Above all, the room was clean. We hardly had anything to do with bugs or insects.

Finally, we found it nice to learn that the owner started this resort to help the village nearby. Due to her efforts their staff has the means to support their families. She trained her staff from scratch and that has made them really dedicated and involved.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HodyTheHague
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 16 March 2009

We stayed 2 nights in Busuanga Island Paradise. It's 11 kms from Coron but the Hotel offers free transport to the city. The casitas and rooms are nice and compared to the town it's very quiet (the roosters and motorcycles in Coron drove us crazy) and the Hotel has a big swimming pool. There isn't much to do close to the Hotel… the jungle trail nearby is a joke and the mountain bike broke down after 1 km.

Dinner is served near pool. But the food is very tasteless and boring.

The staff is friendly but not well-trained. You have to ask for everything twice and they often get orders wrong. Even if you wait in front of the reception desk with all your luggage for the transport to the airport (which they arranged in the morning), they don't tell you that the van comes later and what time exactly… “maybe 30 min or 1 hr later because the plane is also delayed“.

We also missed the room service… no big deal for 2 nights but if you stay longer.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Farinurlaub
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 13 December 2008

1. I still have 6 insect bites from the bed. I don't know if they are from bed mites. There are a lot of insects inside the room. On our 2nd night, there was a tuko on the ceiling. Definitely there are holes in the casitas where they could enter.

2. I asked the staff to change the beddings on our 2nd day because of the insect bites I have and the musty odor of the sheets. They smell like old wet wood. They cleaned our room but they did not change the sheets. How did I know? Same stain on the fitted sheet I saw on our 1st night. There were no blankets in our room as well. I had to request for it the following day.

3. We got stock in our room because the double lock did not work. My husband tried to open it for 40 minutes at 11:40 PM. We need to get out of the room in case an emergency happens like fire, etc. We told the staff about it the following morning but nothing was done.

4. I asked the staff to put a light bulb inside the closet on our first day at the resort but they decided to do it on our 3rd day. I told her not to bother anymore because we were already leaving the following day.

5. We had to ask for hot water for the shower everyday because we there was no hot water in our bathroom.

6. My husband and I have to take our medications exactly the same hour each day. We would asked your staff to prepare our food at a certain time but they were always late.
On our 4th day (last day) I asked the night before if they could serve breakfast at 7AM. But they did not serve it until 7:15 and we were leaving the resort at 8 am. It did not give us enough time to do our last minute packing and bathroom visits etc.

There were 5 of us so the set breakfast were supposed to be for 5 people. They served only 4 plates so I had to ask them to prepare for another 1. They probably thought that since my husband requested for toast and jam, that would be the 5th plate.

I emailed this to the resort owner/management but no reply.

Stayed December 2008, travelled with family