“Coron Adventure”
Review of Coron

Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Tokyo, Japan
76 helpful votes
“Coron Adventure”
Reviewed 28 July 2010

Coron is famous for their limestone formations and the lakes/lagoons inside those limestone formations on the sea.

What's good about Coron is, everything is accessible.

When you plan a trip to Coron, here are the things you need to know, that i hope i knew before i went there.

1. accomodation - Coron town is your jump off point. There are no "beachfront resorts." Almost everything you will go to in Coron is being protected from unwanted development, to preserve all the natural beauty of the sea. There are LOTS of inns you could stay at such as Sea Dive, etc. Off peak? no need to book. THere's Ralph's pension, darayonan inn, coron village lodge. These are all within walking distance with each other. Coron town is extremely small. :) We stayed at a place called Kubo Lodge, it's right off the port. Similar places were Patrick's guesthouse, sea dive, etc.

2. transpo - First, find a map of coron so you'd know what we mean. Since you'll only technically stay at the town, everything there is either walkable or just a trike ride away. Coron town is 40 minutes from Busuanga airport by van. that'll just be like 150 pesos.

3. places to go.

arrange your itinerary based on what you wanna do. add up the separate activities listed below

A. Coron loop - This island hopping will take you to around 7 places that include all the limestone formations, lagoons, lakes, snorkeling spots. this is 20 minutes by boat from the town to the first stop.

MUST SEE: Kayangan Lake (cleanest lake within limestone on the sea), twin lagoon (with varying thermocline, i think), siete pecados for lots of fish and corals that wouldn't need scuba diving

My favorite is Kayangan lake. NOTHING like it!! :)nothing in the philippines. maybe you could say our beaches in south east asia are similar but this enclosed by limestone on the sea is just spectacular. :)

you can arrange this coron loop on the day on the spot on the airport. as of july 2010 a boat costs 2000 off peak, 2500 peak. island entrance fees are separate. they might have it centralized pretty soon though.

allot a day for Coron loop

B. Banana Malcapuya Bulog loop - this is for the beach experience. Think sand nearly as pure and white as Boracay, minus all the sea grass etc and people. :) Seriously, you, sun, and sand. :)

boat would cost 4000 since this is 1 hour away from coron town.

You could spend an entire day or after a day, depends on how much you like the beach.

C. Diving

I hear that the Lusong Dive etc are amazing in Coron, didn't get to do this but all the foreigners did this when I was there. That's what they came for I think. :) I was already happy with the Coron loop and the Banana, Malcapuya islands so I'm not complaining :)

Coron has wonderful seafood. YUM. ask around for local dishes. We had our boat captain cook for us the entire time.

this adventure trip is not suitable for people scared of open seas. haha. almost the entire time you'll be at sea. fun fun fun!

email for more questions, can't write everything here!

11 Thank thejetsettress
Manila, Philippines
9 helpful votes
“Adventure in Coron Palawan”
Reviewed 17 June 2010

Coron, Palawan, Philippines - Magnificent Place
Date: June 10, 11, 12, 2010
Reviewer: Ems Tan, Manila Philippines
We have just return from a wondrous nature trip, how I wish I could return every weekend in Coron, the sea, mountains, hotsprings so invigorating.
Sightseeing - the view of the mountains is really breathtaking. The lagoons and lake with its clear aquamarine water and the experience of feeding those small colorful fish of different kinds is a delight.
Hot Spring - after a long day of hiking, swimming/snorkelling, riding hours on the boat comes a relaxing and soothing soak in the spacious hot spring.
Service - I had a the best or shall I say an excellent service by the boatmen. My trip wouldnt be as special and as inviting if it were not for our SUPERB boatmen, the couples Kuya Ramil & Ate Wheng.
Of all the services that I have experienced in my travels, their service is the Best. They will take care of you from the moment you arrive in Coron until you depart. They took care of our land transportation, referred us to a board and lodging, cooked for us w/o additional service charge, went to the market for us, basically really took care of everything for us.
I would 100% recommend this couple whenever someone would plan for Coron trip, you would be in safe hands with them, and would definitely want to come back just because of their wonderful service.
Here's they contact information: Ramil [---]
And Ate Wheng [---]

I would definitely comeback and this time with my whole family!!!

P.S. Pls. dont forget to bring a mosquito repellant/ off lotion, you will surely need it or you will regret not putting it on especially on hikings.

4 Thank TripperEms
Brisbane, Australia
17 helpful votes
Reviewed 29 May 2010

I stayed last Nov 2009 in Coron for 3 days and 2 nights via Zest air which is known for having delayed flights. My flight bound to Busuanga is at 1:00 Pm but I boarded at around 2 :00 pm. I arrived in Busuanga at exactly 3: 15 pm and was picked up by the hotel staff even if they mispelled my name. Before I took the ride going to the hotel, a travel agent approached me and offered me island hopping tours just for one day, he just gave me his calling card if I want to arrange tours with him. After a 45 minute from the airport to the town proper, I went to Village Lodge and checked in there. I stayed at the hotel for about an hour just to refresh myself and toured around the town proper just to check the shops and market. There's nothing much to see at the town proper if you are looking for night life or parties. What the town has are pubs, restaurants and a simple 24 hour massage parlor but I did not try even one of them because I am after the tours. I ate at the restaurant for dinner and contacted the travel agent that approached me after I had my supper. I waited for about one hour for him to come at the hotel. When he came, he offered me different packages and tours and after the negotiation and the intensive bargain with him I got the tour just for Php1000 inclusive of lunch since I am traveling alone and I will just join with other guests in a private boat.

The next morning, the travel agent picked me up at the hotel and we went to the port for my island hopping tour. I saw two foreigners on the boat where I ll have my ride to different islands. The foreigners are nice and greeted me once I was on the boat. They are Swedish national who explored asia specifically Phillipines for the first time. Our boat driver toured us first at Siete Pecados dive site. The current of the sea that time was so strong that I was not able to swim properly and I did not enjoy much of the diving because of the current. However, even if there are strong currents that time, I was able to see the beauty of this coral haven. Unlike, the normal diving sites that I have been, this place has an abundant marine life. I saw a myriad number of fishes, sea urchins and coral reefs. On our next stop we went to kayangan lake. We traversed the steep mountain steps and went on the top of it and had a picturesque view of the coron cilffs that I usually see on the website of Palawan. We went down again on the mountain and we saw this very beautiful turquoise lake. I was so amazed by the beauty of this lake and the first thing that I want to do is dive and plunge on these body of water. Kayangan considered as one of the cleanest lake in the country and I would like to attest for that. We even rode a bamboo raft and do our own kayaking at the lake. After I enjoyed the brackish and blue water of Kayangan lake, we went again to another island to have our lunch and then off to the Japanese shipwreck site. What I only saw in that time was the tip of the boat. As our island hopping tour continues, we went to CYC then to twin lagoon. Twin lagoon has one of the best lagoons in Palawan. Once you have entered the second lagoon, you will be astounded by the the cliffs and rock formations that will welcome you once you arrived that. To add more, the tranquility and silence of the place make you appreciate nature. I have never been to a place as quiet as this lagoon. On our last stop we went to barracuda lake and submerged ourselves on the deep blue waters of the lake. The deep abyss of the lake is quite scary but I enjoyed it so much.

On my last day in Coron, I rented a tricycle going to Kabo beach and Maquinit Hot springs. Kabo beach is a secluded place in Coron. Honestly speaking I was not amazed by the coastline of the beach because the color of the sand is brown. What I did on that beach is to do sun bathing and a little photo shoot of myself. After the tanning session on the beach, I went to Maquinit Hotsprings. It s a stupid idea i guess going to a hot spring on a very hot morning but it would be more fun to do it on evenings. Overall my stay in Coron was superb and I will surely go back here again if I have time and explore the beaches and the lakes again.

3 Thank RalphU
La Puente, California
5 helpful votes
“Nature at it's finest”
Reviewed 25 April 2010

Clear waters, astounding views, adventure, tranquility, and hospitality rolled into one. Words and pictures won't do it justice. You have to be there!

here's a link to our video shot in Coron, Palawan PHILIPPINES

2 Thank BeenDerDoneDat
8 helpful votes
“great for wreck diving...”
Reviewed 24 March 2010

small and quiet city. known for diving the japanese shipwrecks.

Been to Coron? Share your experiences!