“Wonderful place”

Thornton Lodge Farm B&B
Ranked #5 of 12 Easingwold B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed here for one night before a wedding, the room was immaculate everyone we saw was so friendly and I loved seeing the horses, dogs and chickens. Breakfast was also very good very happy to recommend this b&b

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 July 2014

What an excellent place to stay, if you want a peaceful holiday in an idyllic setting this is the place to come to. The breakfast was the best I have had and the owners and staff were extremely hospitable and friendly. The room was lovely and comfortable, with a lovely conservatory you can sit in and enjoy the gardens. I cannot recommend this as a place to stay highly enough. We enjoyed our stay so much we booked to return before we had left.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This is a hidden gem in the Yorkshire countryside, just right for a local wedding we attended, no passing rumble of traffic, lots of wildlife, horses and sheep, fly fishing lake on way in just off the drive. Fabulous full breakfasts, best I've had in along time, set us up for the day.highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I stayed at Thornton Lodge for 1 night and was very disappointed.

The room was dull and the bathroom looked like a hospital shower room for the disabled.

Breakfast was awful, a cooked egg placed on a tough piece of white bread.

Would not recommend at all.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
sue01347, Owner at Thornton Lodge Farm B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

This truly amazes me - it would be nice if this customer settled her debts!!!

Our room is advertised as graded for disabled therefore our facilities are to help elderly and disabled people as well as able bodied people I am sorry you found the grab rails like 'hospital room showers' ! I would suggest you read clearly what accommodation has to offer in furture.

We have won Best Breakfast awards for the past 8 years + and I have never had a complaint regarding breakfast - I think this speaks for its self, reading the excellent comments from my wonderful happy customers!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Sue's breakfasts are already legendary and we used Trip Advisor when looking for accommodation in Easingwold. Thornton Lodge Farm is a tranquil haven, beautifully situated out of town. The room was comfortable and next time we know we can bring our dog and house him in the barn! Lots of thoughtful and useful information about Easingwold and York provided for visitors and if the weather had been kinder we would have been welcome to be shown around the farm. Hospitality is excellent.- a pot of tea on arrival!

Room Tip: the room was comfortable but this one was 'inside' and had no window/view. Next time I would...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2014

As the son of a Yorkshireman who somehow wound up in Latin America through a combination of circumstances that I shall not relate here for reasons of brevity, it felt only right and timely that my Colombian-born wife Clarisa and our children Sam and Sabrina and their Argentine friend Agustin should learn at first hand what all the fuss is about! And where better to learn to appreciate Yorkshire`s charms than Thornton Lodge where Sue and Bill were the most wonderful, attentive and informative hosts? We'll be back as soon as we can, having spread the fame of this beautiful place as far as we can throughout the Latin world...

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Spent one night here and it will definitely be my B and B of choice in this area.

A joy from the moment you arrive. On the left as I drove in were sheep and their lambs who ran over to greet me! Horses in the field on the other side. A warm welcome from bill who showed me to my room and made me a pot of tea with homemade cake. You have a private entrance and lounge area with views of the fields and the buildings. Nice room and bathroom and a lovely breakfast.

You will find smarter B and B's than this but you will struggle to find one with more character and charm.

Highly recommended.