I knew that this would be a good property following what my friends had told me but I have to say that it still exceeded my expectations. Here is a quick summary:
- Location: awesome as you have the ski slope litteraly outside the entrance (although its a 10 min drive to Lindvallen where you have a bit more action restaurant and attractions wise)
- General standards: very good, better than I thought. The lobby and the general areas in the hotel are all well decorated and feel solid and spacious
- Rooms: we had the newly renovated deluxe room and that was very good, although a bit small. Excellent bed, good working desk, ability to dry skiclothes in the room (big plus!!) and a very good fresh bathroom.
- Restaurants: possibly the biggest surprise for me. We had both our dinners in the TB Grill room and it was excellent. Potentially some of the best meat I have had in Sweden. Service was fabulous and very family oriented. Great winelist and a super somelier. Don't miss this place if you are in Sälen and you must try their pepper steak.
- Ski slope access: GREAT!
- Family frienliness: GREAT!
- After ski: actually very good!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotel.de and Evoline ltd so you can book your Salens Hogfjallshotell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.