“Better than I expected”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Salen
Stockholm Sweden
“Better than I expected”
Reviewed 20 February 2013

I knew that this would be a good property following what my friends had told me but I have to say that it still exceeded my expectations. Here is a quick summary:

- Location: awesome as you have the ski slope litteraly outside the entrance (although its a 10 min drive to Lindvallen where you have a bit more action restaurant and attractions wise)

- General standards: very good, better than I thought. The lobby and the general areas in the hotel are all well decorated and feel solid and spacious

- Rooms: we had the newly renovated deluxe room and that was very good, although a bit small. Excellent bed, good working desk, ability to dry skiclothes in the room (big plus!!) and a very good fresh bathroom.

- Restaurants: possibly the biggest surprise for me. We had both our dinners in the TB Grill room and it was excellent. Potentially some of the best meat I have had in Sweden. Service was fabulous and very family oriented. Great winelist and a super somelier. Don't miss this place if you are in Sälen and you must try their pepper steak.

- Ski slope access: GREAT!

- Family frienliness: GREAT!

- After ski: actually very good!

Room Tip: go for the newly renovated deluxe rooms. They have fantastic beds.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Vetlanda, Sweden
Reviewed 9 January 2013

The entire family spent a few days here in the newly renovated apartments. The standard was great and we have a super view of the ski slops. From the apartment to the slops it was like outside the room or at least very close so even with the not so easy to walk boots there was no issue getting to the fun part of the trip.
The people working there especially in the ski lift was absolutely super. They where very kind to us the the children and if I could I would name them for you. A tribute to all of you working there! The food we had at the restaurants was well done and tastefull.

Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Daniel C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salen
Hotel Bugelhof
#1 of 10 in Salen
Gammelgarden Hotell
Gammelgarden Hotell
#3 of 7 in Salen

Been to Salens Hogfjallshotell? Share your experiences!