“Just like home”

Casali in Val di Chio by Famiglia Buccelletti
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Just like home”
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

Awesome place to stay and wonderful experience! We had everything we needed in our villas. We had a tv, refrigerator and stove, washing machine and comfortable beds. Very kind and courteous staff! I would recommend this place to all my family and friends and everyone looking for a beautiful and quiet place to relax! Everyone made me and my family feel right at home! I hope to return next year and year after that and after that! Muchos gracias! I want to say a special thank you to Bart and Lydia for sharing such a wonderful place with us and making our experience an unforgettable one!

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Redlands, California
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Casali in Val Di Chio was more than what we could have ever expected. It was very relaxing and the staff were so welcoming. I would definitely would recommend someone to stay here if they would like to get away from the busy cities. The location is ideal; situated just between Rome and Florence and very near Siena.

Lidia and Roberta were extremely welcoming and helpful with anything we needed at all. Our villa- Casa Rosa 2 was very nice and had a full kitchen. My family and I stayed there 2 weeks and felt as though we were in a full house. Great swimming pool with fantastic views. We had enough room for everyone and everything we needed was close by.

We even had dinners and lunches catered to us from a local Alimentary- grocery shop. The whole trip we felt very comfortable knowing we had Lidia and Roberta there to ask any questions we had. Thank you for such a memorable experience, we will absolutely be back as soon as we can.

Room Tip: I would strongly recommend contacting Lidia or Roberta and talking with them. They will recommend th...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Redlands, California
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Casali in Val di Chio is a truly wonderful place to stay when relaxing and visiting the beautiful sights of Tuscany. The property we stayed at was called Borgo Gaggioleto and the apartment was La Casa Rosa 1. La Casa Rosa 1 has all the amenities that you would need, 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a full kitchen (with plates, silverware, glasses, cups), refrigerator, a washer/dryer, phone, free WIFI connection, and a huge dining/living room area. There were 6 of us staying in this apartment but it could easily hold 16 people or more since the rooms and living room area were huge and could accommodate that amount if you and your friends were okay sleeping in sleeping bags or on the floor. The views of the surrounding valleys are beautiful, walking and taking hikes daily around the property is just breathtaking. Think cobble stones, buildings hundreds of years old, vineyards, valleys, blue sky, great wine - the list goes on and on. The staff are top notch, easily available, speaks great English, and the friendliest people you would ever meet. I constantly day dream about this place because once you experience Tuscany with Casali in Val di Chio, I promise you will never want to leave.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
San Diego, California
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Our experience at Val di Chio was amazing. We stayed at Casa Fufignia and loved everything about it. It felt like a home away from home, with beautiful views of the hills and vineyards. The attention and service that the Buccelletti family offered us was felt very welcoming. We couldnt have asked for a better experience. We will definitely come back and experience it all over again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Walnut, California
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Casali in Val di Chio is a hidden gem among jewels. Tucked between rolling hills, sunflower fields, vineyards and olive trees it is the ultimate Tuscan experience. The level of service Lidia and Roberta offer are top notch too. The villas themselves are gorgeous and more than accommodating with modern 21st century appliances. I stayed in Borgo Santo Stefano and thoroughly enjoyed looking out of my window each morning to view the beautiful valley. Renting a car allowed us to explore the little town of Castiglion Fiorentino during the day and enjoy a bottle of wine from Agricola Buccelletti in the evening while sitting by our pool. The family operated villa and winery was so inviting and welcoming it was hard to leave when our trip was over! I would absolutely recommend this to anyone who is looking for a real Tuscan experience. Thank you Casali in Val di Chio!

Room Tip: The villas are located in the countryside so a car is necessary to get to and from town.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Tamara P
Yucaipa, California, United States
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Val di Chio was more than I expected when I vacationed there. Everything was wonderful from the start while arriving to Val di Chio. The villas are a home away from home, and are very nice! I enjoyed most the crisp clear air from the windows at all times of the day, and the beautiful view out of each window. The Buccelletti family was very welcoming and made the experience amazing! Perfect place to go for quietness and relaxation. The pool area was very pretty as well, the view from the pool is breath taking! I cannot wait to go back to this location, I dream about going back there!! Highly recommend for any type of trip!! Guarantee you will be satisfied with this location, its perfect!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Shalene O
La Verne, California
Reviewed 3 October 2013

It's ture!! you can open up your window in the morning and look out onto an expanse of rolling hills and endless beauty! The Buccelletti family was more than helpful, warm, inviting, and have up the experience of a lifetime! I would return here in a heartbeat, wiht out any doubts.

Not only was the family warm and inviting, San Stefano was beyond adorable. It was quaint and rustic on the outside and comfy and updated inside! All around, it was a wonderful experience I would love to have again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends