Words can simply not describe enough the wonderful experience that is Casa Portagioia. As you make your way through the Cypress drive to CP, you leave behind the frenetic day to day chaos and enter into an idyllic haven in the heart of rustic Tuscany.
For the past twenty years I have spent the best part of 30-40% of my time staying hotel accommodation across the globe (whether for business or pleasure). CP without a shadow of a doubt makes it to the top of the list. Here’s why – from the moment of making my booking there was no question of the hosts going the extra mile to accommodate me. My travel plans were last minute and Terry was kind enough to inform me that while there was space at the CP, there would be a room change due to prior bookings. Lucky me – I got to experience the benefits of the self-catering apartment and hotel rooms. You can experience authentic Tuscan accommodation with the best of fresh linens and beautifully appointed rooms. Decor is simply just right – a perfect of mix of antiques and comfortable furniture getting the balance just right between simplicity and ‘twee’.
I was lucky enough to arrive on the evening that dinner was being served. This was where the real eye opener was. After meeting the other dinner guests (who were varied in age, profession and nationality) you could see that Terry and Marcello seamlessly ensured that everyone experienced a one-on-one service. Both dinner and breakfasts are served with only local fresh produce and let your mind wander as you dine overlooking the best of Tuscan countryside.
Outside you can wander through the gardens or olive groves or simply chill out by the poolside. If you decide to venture further afield, both Terry and Marcello are a wealth of local knowledge and will be only too delighted to advise you where to go, book a restaurant and how to get there.
Customer service is simply too ‘plastic’ a word to describe what I and the other guests experienced – Terry & Marcello ensure that each guest is treated individually – a rarity to find these days.
Without a doubt – Casa Portagioia stands out as being one of the most distinctive places I have stayed in. The friendliness of your hosts combined with the best of Tuscan accommodation makes this a sincerely delightful place to stay. Already planning my return visit for next year.
Don’t take my word for it – go check it out yourself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Portagioia - an elegant yet relaxed country retreat in Tuscany - somewhere between a country hotel and your best friend's home. A place where you can relax, take time to reflect on your travels and to be energized and enthused in to seeing more of the wonderful places Tuscany (& Umbria) have to offer. Always fresh and inviting. 5 Guest bedrooms and 2 suite apartments, all with luxury bathrooms and air-conditioning. Everything 'just so.' LAST MInute? Please visit our website or send an email for an immediate response. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Casa Portagioia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Portagioia, b&b Tuscany
- Casa Portagioia, Bed And Breakfast Tuscany Hotel Castiglione Fiorentino
- Casa Portagioia Castiglion Fiorentino, Tuscany, Italy