While planning the perfect Italian holiday to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary, a friend enthusiastically recommended that we book Casa Portagioia for the Tuscan leg of our trip. Casa Joy, as we nicknamed this accommodation, lived up to every accolade awarded by Trip Advisor and posted by reviewers. Our first introduction was through viewing the video on their website, Tuscan Breaks - www.tuscanbreaks.com. We wanted to leave for the B&B immediately. Referring to Casa Portagioia as a mere B&B, does not come close to conveying the comfortable elegance and idyllic setting that lies in store for guests fortunate enough to stay for any length of time. The location is situated very close to Cortona and within easy driving distance of all the major Tuscan hill towns. The property is nothing short of breath-taking. It is encircled by Tuscan hills, and the eye is treated from the first approach by a cypress-lined drive, followed by attractively designed structures and meticulously tended gardens up to a relaxing pool area. Stone urns and pots spill over with flowers of every colour lining paths and drives, and hedges of lavender and rosemary subtly perfume the air. I can only imagine how stunning it must look when the lavender is in bloom.The guest rooms are spacious and immaculate with comfortable beds fitted with high quality linens. The bathrooms are modern with high-end amenities and luxurious linens. Upon arrival, we were warmly greeted by hosts Terry & Marcello and their Lhasa's Sammie and Tosca, the best behaved little dogs we've ever met.
Our itinerary allowed us to enjoy one of Terry & Marcello's dinners which they serve twice each week. The menus are creative and feature the best Tuscan ingredients. We thoroughly enjoyed a beautifully presented, multi-course gourmet dinner accompanied by a reasonably priced wine. This was a fabulous way to complete a day that began with the most wonderful breakfast. My husband has a hearty appetite and loves traditional North American-style breakfasts, which he is seldom able to find in Italy. Casa Portagioia does not disappoint in this department. Each day of our stay began with a hearty breakfast of top quality fresh fruit and pastries, a hot serving of eggs and unlimited coffee or cappuccino served on crisp white linen-covered tables on Casa Portagioia's lovely outdoor terrace. Bliss!
Terry & Marcello are the consummate hosts - warm, gracious, funny, charming, knowledgeable about the area, and helpful in every respect. They extended a truly personal touch, making each of us feel as though we were the only guests at the Inn. We heartily recommend this gem and eagerly await a return visit on our next trip to Italy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Portagioia - an elegant yet relaxed country retreat in Tuscany - somewhere between a country hotel and your best friend's home. A place where you can relax, take time to reflect on your travels and to be energized and enthused in to seeing more of the wonderful places Tuscany (& Umbria) have to offer. Always fresh and inviting. 5 Guest bedrooms and 2 suite apartments, all with luxury bathrooms and air-conditioning. Everything 'just so.' LAST MInute? Please visit our website or send an email for an immediate response. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your Casa Portagioia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Portagioia, Bed And Breakfast Tuscany Hotel Castiglione Fiorentino
- Casa Portagioia, b&b Tuscany
- Casa Portagioia Castiglion Fiorentino, Tuscany, Italy