Painstakingly rebuilt and redesigned from an older property by hosts Terry and Marcello, Casa Portagioia has the richness, thoughtfulness, beauty, elegance and precision of a true work of art.
Called a B&B but more accurately described by the phrase “five-star boutique hotel,” it nurtures all of a guest’s senses. Smell through the fragrances of the lush plantings and the lavender pillow spray…touch through the fine linens and heated pool…taste through the wonderful food, from the fresh exotic fruits placed in guest rooms to the delicious breakfasts to the five-course chef’s dinners offered twice a week…hearing through the serenely quiet setting, where the rustling of leaves and song of birds are often the only sounds. As for sight, we’ll just say that from its cypress-lined drive to the 360-degree view of the surrounding hills, Casa Portagioia is a microcosm of all the visual beauty for which Tuscany is famous. In fact, it’s so beautiful and relaxing that it’s tempting to skip a day of sightseeing simply to sit, nap or wander the beautiful premises from the sun-warmed terraces to the olive grove.
Both of the hosts once lived fast-paced London lives, and they understand the needs of the modern traveler perfectly. Gleaming modern bathrooms, televisions with automatic translation, iPhone/iPod speakers in each room: all of the up to date amenities are here, but so artfully integrated into the setting that the idyllic, timeless mood of the place is never broken.
Other guests have commented on Terry and Marcello’s warmth, graciousness, and generosity, and we can only agree. It is clear that they love being hosts and that they are expert on every detail of the hotel, the region, and Italy’s rich culture. Their charm and humor adds a sense of fun, and they willingly go out of their way to ensure that a guest’s visit to Tuscany goes perfectly even when a problem arises far beyond their own hotel’s walls. We stayed at Casa Portagioia on vacation, but the hosts’ attention to detail would also make it the perfect setting for a wedding, anniversary, or family gathering.
Terry and Marcello are extraordinary people with extraordinary talents, an extraordinary bond, and, above all, extraordinary hearts. It is an honor to know them and a privilege to have stayed in this place we will never forget. To those considering a visit, we can only say “don’t wait”!
Maria De Francisci
Vero Beach, FL
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Portagioia - an elegant yet relaxed country retreat in Tuscany - somewhere between a country hotel and your best friend's home. A place where you can relax, take time to reflect on your travels and to be energized and enthused in to seeing more of the wonderful places Tuscany (& Umbria) have to offer. Always fresh and inviting. 5 Guest bedrooms and 2 suite apartments, all with luxury bathrooms and air-conditioning. Everything 'just so.' LAST MInute? Please visit our website or send an email for an immediate response. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Ebookers so you can book your Casa Portagioia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Portagioia, Bed And Breakfast Tuscany Hotel Castiglione Fiorentino
- Casa Portagioia, b&b Tuscany
- Casa Portagioia Castiglion Fiorentino, Tuscany, Italy