Could this really be the #1 rated B&B in the WORLD? My husband was skeptical. Well let me tell you, it was definitely deserving of its #1 rating in our minds. This place brought us to Italy. The entire trip was planned around availability at Casa Portagioia and we were not disappointed. As Marcelo greeted us and took us to our room, my heart literally pounded with anticipation. My initial reaction speaks to my feelings about this treasure. It felt as though we were the first and only guests to stay here. In other places, you know the room/hotel has had many visitors ahead of you. In Casa Portagioia I felt like someone had readied a very special guest room in their home. Our room was bright, clean and a tasteful mixture of Italian antiques, absolutely lovely linens, breathtaking views, perfect lighting and thoughtful amenities (e.g. robes, slippers, toiletries, mini bar, personalized menus and a very thoughtful thank you note on departure, etc). Outside the abundant flowers, the manicured gardens, the sunny and welcoming pool area draw you into a cocoon of tranquility. I sat under the rose arbor that first day and listened to birds chirping and felt totally "at home". I have never felt such contentment in any other vacation destination.
Marcelo tended to the delicious meals, practical questions and local reservations. Terry provided the sightseeing suggestions, directions and steady British banter during breakfast and dinner, while surreptitiously clearing plates and refilling coffee cups. He wouldn't want you to notice him doing these "chores" but he partners with Marcelo perfectly to provide top notch service with a very personal touch. Together they have built a legacy for all to enjoy, deep in the back roads of Tuscany. It is an authentic and inviting experience and one that truly lived up to my initial expectations. I have very high standards for hotels and B&Bs (read very picky) and I found Casa Portagioia to be a dream come true. Número Uno in all respects.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Portagioia - an elegant yet relaxed country retreat in Tuscany - somewhere between a country hotel and your best friend's home. A place where you can relax, take time to reflect on your travels and to be energized and enthused in to seeing more of the wonderful places Tuscany (& Umbria) have to offer. Always fresh and inviting. 5 Guest bedrooms and 2 suite apartments, all with luxury bathrooms and air-conditioning. Everything 'just so.' LAST MInute? Please visit our website or send an email for an immediate response. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Casa Portagioia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Portagioia, b&b Tuscany
- Casa Portagioia, Bed And Breakfast Tuscany Hotel Castiglione Fiorentino
- Casa Portagioia Castiglion Fiorentino, Tuscany, Italy