Let me begin this review by sharing.... DO NOT TRY TO BOOK THROUGH EXPEDIA! You can only learn of their availability through their website or calling them. (I recommend calling.) They do not work with Expedia, so it will just (inaccurately) say there is nothing available if you click through TripAdvisor/Expedia.
Casa Portagioia is perfect in every regard. The grounds are spectacular and impeccable... exceptionally well-maintained. Beautiful flowers, lavender, vineyards. Incredible panoramic views from every angle. Great pool. Many sweet little places to get lost within the property. It's a retreat space, a place for weddings and celebrations that is available to us as a very fairly priced bed and breakfast... Lucky us.
This B&B is totally private. Once you are there, you are in your own little oasis of Tuscan divinity. Between the peace & quiet and being perfectly situated within the surreal lush hills, the romance of the region can really come alive and touch your heart. You are in the perfect spot here to just breathe it all in, be inspired, let it all go and so on.
For my mother & I, Terry and Marcello are dream hosts. They are authentically themselves -- no automated smiles or scripted lines. Only real smiles and spontaneous conversation. It's refreshing and really just a relief to not be put in the typical empty, contrived politeness-for-the-sake-of-politeness routine. They are both totally on top of everything and nothing gets missed... from the perfectly poached eggs and organizing a bike delivery....to the endless care of these storybook grounds and hey, making sure the showers have amazing pressure (which they do).
Words really cannot do this place justice. It's not surprising they have 750+ 5 star reviews and zero negative ones. Staying here during our Tuscan travels was just the right medicine. It's also close enough to Cortona, Pienza and Chianti, so you could create a gorgeous little trip while having Portagioia as your home base. And Terry & Marcello can help you with that.
I stayed here with my mother. It is perfect for families, couples, or anyone looking to stay somewhere inspiring for writing, painting etc.
Enjoy...not to be missed <3
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Portagioia - an elegant yet relaxed country retreat in Tuscany - somewhere between a country hotel and your best friend's home. A place where you can relax, take time to reflect on your travels and to be energized and enthused in to seeing more of the wonderful places Tuscany (& Umbria) have to offer. Always fresh and inviting. 5 Guest bedrooms and 2 suite apartments, all with luxury bathrooms and air-conditioning. Everything 'just so.' LAST MInute? Please visit our website or send an email for an immediate response. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Casa Portagioia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Portagioia, b&b Tuscany
- Casa Portagioia, Bed And Breakfast Tuscany Hotel Castiglione Fiorentino
- Casa Portagioia Castiglion Fiorentino, Tuscany, Italy