Everything in the glowing reviews I've read before choosing this particular hotel is true. The location, the service, the friendliness of the owner/staff, etc. etc.
However, the most basic service a hotel of any number of stars, even zero stars, is expected to deliver is hot water in the shower. This we did not get during our recent two-day stay. The water was either lukewarm, or outright cold. Once in two days it got warm enough (but not hot) for me to dare to wash my hair.
The explanations of Signore Luigi were multifold and indeed, there was a plumber's truck present on the premises all the time. But they didn't fix anything since the problem is much deeper: the inability of the modern Italians to recreate the plumbing system their ancient ancestors in Rome took for granted. A great pity since the hotel otherwise would be perfect, but you don't want to pay close to 200 euros a night for this kind of discomfort. Let's add the particular odor of sewage coming out of the bathroom and you should get the whole picture.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relais San Pietro in Polvano, a family-run establishment set in an eighteenth-century converted hamlet in the Tuscan hills, is pure paradise for those seeking a quiet retreat. The panoramic pool is located on one of the terraces overlooking the olive groves and valley and is the perfect spot for relaxing or sipping a drink whilst enjoying the spectacular sunsets. An evening turn-down service adds to the luxurious atmosphere and attention to detail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Relais San Pietro in Polvano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais San Pietro In Polvano Hotel Castiglione Fiorentino
- Relais San Pietro In Polvano Castiglion Fiorentino, Tuscany, Italy