“Breath taking view”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Barbara S
Orange, California
“Breath taking view”
Reviewed 6 September 2013 for a stay in September 2012
person found this review helpful

All of the previous reviews are correct. The place is situated high on a hill with a view like none other. Inside, the furnishings are very nice. Our only complaints were these: there was no working wifi, as we were told, There was no TV at al no less high definition and videos.l (not that we wanted one, but it is listed as an amenity). I am not sure who does the listing but I would say that half of the items listed (ok for the elderly??? NO) There is a long driveway to walk down, no downstairs bedroom. Wheelchair access?? NO. With the exception of the internet, none in our party were concerned about the other items. My husbands business depended on internet, though. Plus I just think that you need to know the truth about the amenities.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It was a great home and great view.
Liked least: Expecting amenities that were not there
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway People with pets
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
6 Sep 2013
Hello Joanne

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments one full year after your stay here (September 2012). However, as a travel professional, your comments are very useful.

It is, though, difficult to comment on a visit that happened such a time ago - and, of course it would have been helpful to have dealt with theses issues sooner.

From memory, we had problems with wifi at that time and as a courtesy provided an internet key for your use. This was not entirely satisfactory as the signal strength would not have been perfect. Since that time, a new WIFI system has been introduced using satellite as the source. This is an expensive option, but provides a steady 20 MB of download. As the property is in the country, it is not possible to use telephone services and the previous wifi provider did let us down.

We fully admit the error of the TV being listed as an amenity - it was an over-site and, to confirm, there is no TV in the villa.

Again, an error (remedied some time since) on this listing gave wheelchair access, which is not really practical. However, the villa is suitable for the elderly, by way of stairs, it does have a downstairs bathroom. We do not consider elderly people as being frail, and therefore consider the villa as a lovely place to enjoy the Tuscan countryside.

It is important to focus on the plus points too - I recall you mentioning to me that your stay here was pleasant, comfortable and enjoyable. We were very happy to have had you as our guests here and hope that you will be able to return again one day where you will find a wifi signal that will enhance this experience.
Brussels

Reviewed 29 April 2013 for a stay in March 2013

Chicago
Reviewed 27 April 2013 for a stay in October 2012

Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing