“No faults, great location”

Ogwen Bank Caravan Park and Country Club
Manchester
“No faults, great location”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stayed for 3 nights over Easter in one of the wooden lodges. First off the location is great. I was slightly worried due to knowing Bethesda and it isn't what you would describe as picturesque. However, as soon as you turn into the park from the A5, you're greeted by a great view, tumbling river, lots of ancient looking trees and a caravan park sympathetically placed within. The lodges are located right at the farthest point away from the entrance and have a great position.

The country park is ideally situated as a base to explore Snowdonia (Idwal cottage is about 4 miles away) or the coast (Bangor/Conwy etc).

Our lodge was as expected, perfect for us (2 adults + a toddler) but I think two teenage kids in tow and it would have felt cramped. The place was spotless, everything worked and the kitchen came with lots of mod-cons (microwave, dishwasher, washing machine). Being picky the television worked but was old hat.

It isn't luxurious but it comfortable and a perfect base to explore such a beautiful part of the world.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Barbeque1976

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We have been to Ogwen Bank twice before with our children and stayed in the lodges. My partner and I are returning for a 3rd time for our anniversary next weekend and I can't wait to come again! Gorgeous lodges, friendly welcoming staff! Can't wait to book again for next year :-) think I need a loyalty card! Highly recommended

• Stayed October 2013
stephen l, Manager at Ogwen Bank Caravan Park and Country Club, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
We hope you had a lovely anniversary and didnt miss the children too much. We look forward to seeing you and the family again soon.
From all the staff at Ogwen Bank
Brimscombe
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We rented a lodge for a few days - the location is quiet, the lodge is plenty big enough for 4 with decent heating and equipment.
Local facilities are not up to much, but easy to get to Bangor and a good base for exploring the area. Zip world is walking distance.
On site bar/games room is OK, nothing special.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Booked a family holiday to Ogwen Bank & overall it was OK. I took 2 new pillows with us (as these places never have enough!) .... after 6 days I developed a mysterious rash & after extensive treatment nothing was working ... eventually pulled my bedroom apart as I was convinced something had been biting me .... what a shock I had! Completely infested with bed bugs!!! These little blighters do not fly or jump only crawl ... I have not stayed anywhere other than here so its obvious where they came from! They were clearly transferred to my home after taking up residence in my new pillows whilst at Ogwen Bank ... am utterly devestated & am now over £1000 out of pocket as had to replace my bed plus bedding! WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN & WOULD ADVISE OTHERS NOT TO!

• Stayed August 2013
5 Thank tigerjo68
Flint, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2014

My partner and i took a short break at the beginning of October 2013, we wanted a base to explore the area and good quality self catering accommodation.

The log cabin we stayed in was well, equipped, comfortable and warm, it was situated just by a little pond which had a lovely duck family in it.

The cabin had 2 well equipped comfortable bedrooms which were surprisingly spacious. The living area was an open plan kitchen, living room. The kitchen had all the mid cons, dish washer, washing machine, microwave, cooker, oven, fridge etc, and also a good sturdy table.

The living area housed a sofa, chairs, gas fire, as well as a good selection of leaflets about the surrounding area. The bathroom housed a bath with a shower inside, it was completely adequate and clean. The whole cabin was spotless inside and the patio area outside too. The only slight gripe is about the tv, it wasn't the best reception and we felt maybe an upgrade on tv's was due as it seemed to be an old fashioned portable tv, but this is minor, it didn't spoil our stay one bit.

Ogwen Bank was a lovely place to stay the staff were friendly and helpful and we spent a fantastic night in the pub which served delicious, value for money food.

Much to my surprise Ogwen Bank was home to a roaming white rabbit. Other guests along with ourselves fed it with veggies as it roamed round :)

We found it a good base to visit nearby attractions, we visited Snowdon including a trip up the mountain, Isle of Anglesey, Caernarfon, along several other places.

We'd recommend Ogwen Bank and hope to return soon.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Paula J
stephen l, Manager at Ogwen Bank Caravan Park and Country Club, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thank you for your comments on Ogwen Bank.
We were delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. The ducks are doing really well, but sadly snow white the large white rabbit was adopted by a local family, but is doing well.
We look forward to meeting you all again, From all the staff at Ogwen Bank
South Yorkshire
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Went for a short break 8th Nov 2013 in number 14 log cabin. My husband and I took my mum and dad(82years old) who has been extremely ill but wanted something to look forward to. The park changed the hoseasons booking of the log cabin to one more accessible and by the river so my dad could enjoy the scenery without having to move. They left the cabins heating on so it was lovely and warm when we arrived, and rather than worry about it being to cold we had to turn down the radiator thermostat because to warm best problem!!! The log cabin was much bigger than i expected it to be.and the wild life visited us every day and the views around the park are to die for. My dad thoroughly enjoyed his weekend as did all of us. Thankyou

Room Tip: Book with Ogwen Bank rather than Hoseasons as they can allocate where your position is. And much mor...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments on Ogwen Bank.
We were so pleased that we were able to change your accommodation. We believe that it is important to try and get the correct location for our customers as we all have different needs.
We were so pleased that your parents enjoyed their stay.
Hope to meet you all again soon. From all the staff at Ogwen Bank
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Hi All, We have just got back from a week long stay at Ogwen Bank. This was our 5 visit and I think I am well qualified now to comment on the Park.

The Staff are brilliant

The accommodation are second to none (Lodge)

The food in the clubhouse DELICIOUS!!!

We booked our next holiday for May next year as we left

Ogwen Bank keep doing what your doing, because its a great job

Room Tip: Ask for a Lodge by the river!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethesda
Travelodge Bangor Wales
Snowdonia Mountain Lodge
Snowdonia Mountain Lodge
#1 of 4 in Bethesda
Dinas Caravan Park, Camping & Glamping

Been to Ogwen Bank Caravan Park and Country Club? Share your experiences!