Ogwen Bank Caravan Park and Country Club
Travelodge Bangor Wales(Bangor)(Great Value!)
US$59
Travelodge
US$132
US$113
Tyn Rhos Country House(Llanddeiniolen)
US$180
US$93
Gazelle Hotel(Menai Bridge)
US$126
  • Breakfast included
The Anglesey Arms(Menai Bridge)
US$129
US$125
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe riveron sitelog cabinwashing machinetesco expresslodge numbersunday carverycentral heatinga nice touchlarge portionssix adultszip wirea great place to staythe main roadthere are so manythe pubpicturesque spot
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stayed for 3 nights over Easter in one of the wooden lodges. First off the location is great. I was slightly worried due to knowing Bethesda and it isn't what you would describe as picturesque. However, as soon as you turn into the park from the A5, you're greeted by a great view, tumbling river, lots of ancient looking trees and a caravan park sympathetically placed within. The lodges are located right at the farthest point away from the entrance and have a great position.

The country park is ideally situated as a base to explore Snowdonia (Idwal cottage is about 4 miles away) or the coast (Bangor/Conwy etc).

Our lodge was as expected, perfect for us (2 adults + a toddler) but I think two teenage kids in tow and it would have felt cramped. The place was spotless, everything worked and the kitchen came with lots of mod-cons (microwave, dishwasher, washing machine). Being picky the television worked but was old hat.

It isn't luxurious but it comfortable and a perfect base to explore such a beautiful part of the world.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Barbeque1976
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We have been to Ogwen Bank twice before with our children and stayed in the lodges. My partner and I are returning for a 3rd time for our anniversary next weekend and I can't wait to come again! Gorgeous lodges, friendly welcoming staff! Can't wait to book again for next year :-) think I need a loyalty card! Highly recommended

• Stayed: October 2013
stephen l, Manager at Ogwen Bank Caravan Park and Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

We hope you had a lovely anniversary and didnt miss the children too much. We look forward to seeing you and the family again soon.
From all the staff at Ogwen Bank

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We rented a lodge for a few days - the location is quiet, the lodge is plenty big enough for 4 with decent heating and equipment.
Local facilities are not up to much, but easy to get to Bangor and a good base for exploring the area. Zip world is walking distance.
On site bar/games room is OK, nothing special.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Booked a family holiday to Ogwen Bank & overall it was OK. I took 2 new pillows with us (as these places never have enough!) .... after 6 days I developed a mysterious rash & after extensive treatment nothing was working ... eventually pulled my bedroom apart as I was convinced something had been biting me .... what a shock I had! Completely infested with bed bugs!!! These little blighters do not fly or jump only crawl ... I have not stayed anywhere other than here so its obvious where they came from! They were clearly transferred to my home after taking up residence in my new pillows whilst at Ogwen Bank ... am utterly devestated & am now over £1000 out of pocket as had to replace my bed plus bedding! WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN & WOULD ADVISE OTHERS NOT TO!

• Stayed: August 2013
5  Thank tigerjo68
Reviewed 21 February 2014

My partner and i took a short break at the beginning of October 2013, we wanted a base to explore the area and good quality self catering accommodation.

The log cabin we stayed in was well, equipped, comfortable and warm, it was situated just by a little pond which had a lovely duck family in it.

The cabin had 2 well equipped comfortable bedrooms which were surprisingly spacious. The living area was an open plan kitchen, living room. The kitchen had all the mid cons, dish washer, washing machine, microwave, cooker, oven, fridge etc, and also a good sturdy table.

The living area housed a sofa, chairs, gas fire, as well as a good selection of leaflets about the surrounding area. The bathroom housed a bath with a shower inside, it was completely adequate and clean. The whole cabin was spotless inside and the patio area outside too. The only slight gripe is about the tv, it wasn't the best reception and we felt maybe an upgrade on tv's was due as it seemed to be an old fashioned portable tv, but this is minor, it didn't spoil our stay one bit.

Ogwen Bank was a lovely place to stay the staff were friendly and helpful and we spent a fantastic night in the pub which served delicious, value for money food.

Much to my surprise Ogwen Bank was home to a roaming white rabbit. Other guests along with ourselves fed it with veggies as it roamed round :)

We found it a good base to visit nearby attractions, we visited Snowdon including a trip up the mountain, Isle of Anglesey, Caernarfon, along several other places.

We'd recommend Ogwen Bank and hope to return soon.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Paula J
stephen l, Manager at Ogwen Bank Caravan Park and Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Thank you for your comments on Ogwen Bank.
We were delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. The ducks are doing really well, but sadly snow white the large white rabbit was adopted by a local family, but is doing well.
We look forward to meeting you all again, From all the staff at Ogwen Bank