“Scotland Winter Trip and Welsh Canyoneering”
Review of Mountain Expertise

Mountain Expertise
Ranked #6 of 12 things to do in Bethesda
More attraction details
Owner description: Mountain Expertise is run by Paul James and Kathryn James (Bromfield) qualified and experienced Mountain Instructor Certificate holders. They are experienced climbers and mountaineers having climbed throughout the UK, in Europe, North America, Africa and Asia. They run Rock Climbing Courses in Snowdonia through the summer and Winter Climbing & Mountaineering courses in the Scottish Highlands.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I have just had a amazing couple of days in the Cairgorms area with Paul, particularly amazing was climbing Fiacaill ridge. Paul was a brilliant teacher of winter skills and winter climbing skills. Paul was obviously an expert in this area and made me feel confident in my own ability to use the skills he had taught me. I had arranged this trip after I had an awesome day Canyoneering with Paul and Mountain Expertise in North Wales in September 2013. On that trip I found Paul to be a great instructor and from that trip I decided to use Mountain Expertise to help me develop my winter mountaineering skills.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I have just spent 7 days in the Cairngorms with Paul James, learning about winter skills and winter climbing.

I found Paul to be a really good teacher he was patient, knowledgeable & professional. Paul was able to cater to my specific needs and taught me everything i wanted to learn in a practical and real environment.

I would highly recommend him to anyone who wishes to learn under the supervision of a professional guide.