“One of the best, if not THE best”
Review of Sitar

Sitar
Ranked #2 of 20 Restaurants in Bethesda
Price range: US$2 - US$200
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Caernarfon, United Kingdom
“One of the best, if not THE best”
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

I've had numerous takeaways here over the past 6 months and it's simply brilliant. Amazing flavours and plenty if food. I didn't know what real curry tasted like until i ate from here. The food is always hot and service is friendly. Will definitely miss this takeaway when I leave Bethesda next week. The only down point is that this place isn't a restaurant only a takeaway.

3 Thank Selsig

Bangor, United Kingdom
“FILTHY PLACE”
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Found the place dirty and rough looking. the mossala dish was very expensive although there was a lot in the portion. staff were ok but ha to wait 1 hour for the food.

Visited May 2012
4 Thank harry s
Wales
“Best indian takeaway around!”
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I have been going here for years. The massala is out of this world. Even though it is quite far for me to travel I can not change where I go the only place that can compete with this place is Spice of Llanberis. But I think Sitar wins!!!

• Visited March 2012
3 Thank Mansi_wyn
“Gorgeous food, cant wait for Beaumaris opening”
Reviewed 11 May 2012

We came to try the takeaway at Bethesda to give us a taste of what is to come to our town of Beaumaris, we couldnt rate it highly enough, we are big fans of true indian food (not westernised) and this was like home cooking at its best. We are so looking forward to having you round the corner.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Victoria1719Cottage
Bethesda, Wales, United Kingdom
“Authentic, helpful and just wonderful”
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Me and my partner go to Sitar quite often, I find it's the closest thing to proper curries that I know and love from my family kitchens.

I love the puri dishes (I have a bit of a fat tooth) and the pathia that I order pretty often is perfectly balanced on the hot, sweet and sour flavours. All of the dishes I've ordered before now have been generous with the meat, a common complaint with some restaurants, and the keema naans are just lovely.

A warning though - if you ask for hot, hot you will get. My partner learned this the hard way after thinking he'd be 'hard' and order something laced with chilli. What he thought were green beans were actually very nice green chilli.

• Visited October 2011