“the food and beer”

Ranked #4 of 36 Restaurants in Clarens
Price range: US$3 - US$7
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: On-site micro brewery and distillery offering great craft beers, ciders and gin in fun,industrial setting. Food menu is mainly finger food - think platters of sausages, delicious hams and salami, cheese, local bakery bread.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

a different serving of food but matched pub beer. Beer tastings.
great staff. They brew most of their own beer in Clarens.
There is a variety of beers. I think they close toooo early.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Clarens Brewery is a well known attraction when in Clarens and it’s not hard to see why. The Brewery is beautifully done and the selection of local beers are exceptional. This is a great stop for a couple of hours during your stay. We also had impeccable service from our waiter Simon who would remembered us over the following few days and always greeted us when we walked by.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If the Clarens Brewery serves food of any kind its a well kept secret!
On arrival and not having tasted their range of beers I inquired from the bar lady about the range. She could not tell the difference between a Pilsner and an Ale. I selected the Blonde but I did not enjoy it as much as other Craft Beer brewers in SA.
sadly, I gave the Brewery a miss over the 3 days I was in Clarens.
Floor service staff were incredibly good.

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

Within the Clarens Square the brewery is one of the more famous establishments. Whilst service is sharp and he beer is cold it is all a bit underwhelming. (In my opinion) The two beers I tried (Weiss and Pilsner) just doesn't compare to the Western Cape's finest. The food menu, whilst the food menu had a wide variety, I didn't see anything on it that I particularly liked. Good, not great but a must visit. The Gin shop behind it is quite cool too! #Clarens @ClarensTourism #ClarensBrewery #Beer #CraftBeer

Reviewed 28 May 2018

Clarens brewery serves a great cheese platter (and German sausage platter - but we never had one this time) They have an excellent selection of craft beer and cider to try out and it is a great place to chill out for an afternoon!