Blenchi
Landhuis Klein Santa Martha(Soto)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$201
US$71
US$58
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbed and breakfastshared kitchencook your own mealsnice view over the oceanmosquito netplace to stayrental carquiet beachgreat accommodationother guestsenjoy your staylarge roomstandard roomwest endthe location is perfecteach morningsanta marta
Reviewed 30 May 2014

very very nice B&B, i stay in some Hostels or B&B's until now and for me it's one of the best B&Bs. Everybody there is relaxed and we get everything we want. Nothing we had to Do by ourselves. The Service, the Sleep Quality, Location and especially the Team of the Blenchi is so fantastic! We stay there for 14 Days and everything was wonderful!

Room Tip: next Time i would choose the "tower Suite" - We stay in the suitterrain Sweet, wich is nice, but i think the view is better from the Tower ;)
Reviewed 29 May 2014

- calm situated at the end of a road to nowhere!
- nice overall treatment
- always helpful and full of ideas
- cool pool and facility
- also a nice diving spot with a plane wrack!
- book your car in advance via Marit (Michel Renting)

Room Tip: If you are looking for something special, take the room with indoor jacuzzi or the tower room!
2  Thank Marco I
Reviewed 27 May 2014

First, I would like to point out this is the only negative review I have ever wrote on Trip Advisor. I bothers me to have to do this but after much thought I feel I have a true responsibility to post this review in order to protect other trip advisor followers.

Arrival:
Marit recommended car rental and made arrangements for them to pick us up at the airport. No one showed. We have traveled a lot and this is the first time this has happened to us. None of taxi drivers knew of Blenchi. This was a $70 taxi ride which Marit told her staff she would reinburse us for but never did. She said I gave rental company the wrong flight information. There are only two flights that come into this very small airport around 7 pm, this is regular weekly American flight! The bottom line Marit did nothing to double check our arrangements which is standard procedure everywhere else we have traveled and especially since her staff was serving us a private dinner at the Inn and waiting on our arrival to do so.

DINNER: what a joke!
$50 which is about $100 their currency for dinner that was delivered in a dirty bus tub. We ate at some very nice places in
town for 1/2 the price and twice the quality.

ACCOMODATIONS: First the Tower Suite we agreed on staying in during our visit was unavailable due to broken air conditioning so they gave us an even more, "luxurious" room in the "the main house". If this was luxury than so must most broken down gas stations I have been to in my life. This place was filthy from top to bottom!

I have enclosed photos.

First their were padlocked rusted gates that we had to lock every time we exited or entered. No security people however by this protocol it was clear it was needed.

Marit did not even stay on premises. No one did! We were on our own in the middle of nowhere.

There was a bird flying
around in our room and a fairly big lizard on the wall to welcome us.

The staff did not know how to work air condition in the main room. The air condition in all rooms eventually broke down during the night.

Although the villa was spacious and had a nice view and veranda over looking the sea the filth and dramatically run down conditions trumped whatever positive attributes I struggled to hang on to to balance this experience. With a little love and a lot of elbow grease this villa could be so much different.

There were only 1/3 of lights working properly. The stove was unplugged and the controls were broken so it was useless.

There was a rat in the room! Yes a rat! We heard it at first rustling through the cupboards where our plates and cooking pans were and then I saw it in the kitchen later that evening. We found traps and feces later all through kitchen also featured in photos.

My husband went to wash his hands and there was no soap or hand towels or even napkins!

To make it even worse the security alarm went off at 12:30 am for over an hour. Load, obnoxious and no one on the grounds to help turn it off.
We finally called Marit to come over. When she arrived when we told her how displeased we were with everything she said she could not control that the air conditioning and alarm was not working that these things happen and she was pregnant? I am not sure what that has to do with anything.
She returned to our room with the lifesaver size soap packets and very unprofessional behavior as if we had caused her stress! She took absolutely no responsibility!

I did not sleep at all that night and luckily was able to find an amazing place to transfer to, The Scuba Lodge.

Their accommodations where right on the water and beautifully kept as well as walking distance from everything. They treated us like gold and gave us almost the same rate.

On top of all of this Marit, charged us over $600 for 1/2 of our deposit for absolutely nothing!

She did not honor her end of our contract or commitments and still she kept 1/2 the deposit. I cannot believe this! Absolutely devastating way to start our vacation and a clear lack of integrity.

As I said it bothers me to
write such a negative review. It is not my style. I want to clarify this review is not out of spite for Marit not refunding my full deposit, in fact I never made a big issue of this with her because I wanted to get out of this location as soon as possible and I look for people to do the right thing on their own.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank TanyaBoothroyd
Marit K, Owner at Blenchi, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Wow, this is a really mean review after this guest told me specifically how happy she was with the refund she received, which is not our standard policy. She told me they thought the place is beautiful but they just wanted to stay in town.

I don't want to respond to all the lies that are being told, but want to make a couple things very clear:

The pictures were taken in a storage room, NOT the kitchen. Any future guests feel free to ask me about clarification because I can send pictures of both the storage room, as well as the actual kitchen. If there was actually rats running around everywhere and poison and feces were around like in this picture, I think it would have been mentioned by other guests in other reviews.

The prices for dinner are not correct and besides, the actual prices are given both on the menu as well as when booking dinner.

The alarm system does not randomly turn on. The electricity on this entire side of the island went off in the middle of the night and these guests decided to rip the entire alarm system out of the wall, which caused the beeping of the alarm. Normally when the electricity goes down all alarm systems go on for about half a minute after which it stops. We did not even charge them for breaking our alarm system either.

I did not fully refund the guest after she started sending me e-mails when she was back home threatening to put negative reviews out and suing me (?) if she wouldn't get her money back. Obviously this is the result.

I hope future guests can take the above as well as all other positive reviews in consideration and of course I am always happy to answer any questions over e-mail or by phone at +59996629904.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

however it is a bit off the main road and a little further away from shops and restaurants, this B&B is a perfect hideaway for your holiday on Curaçao.
fridges are stuffed with drinks and food: prices are fair so enjoy your beer or ice cream after a warm day.
excellent breakfast!
the staff is so friendly, don't miss a little chat with them!
located near the sea, with a little parking lot and a ruin of what seemed to be a hotel in between, you can go snorkling or diving to see the little plane wreck.
the B&B also offers daytrips and if you order in the morning, they'll provide an evening meal for you. you can also self-cater; kitchen is open for everyone.
rooms are very comfortable (we stayed in a standard room, but we checked out the others and they were lovely! Master bedroom has its own private jacuzzi!) and kayaks, dive bottles etc. are for rent.

get a rental car directly from the airport; this is the best way to get there and you'll need it anyway (30min drive from Willemstad). people have warned us several times to not let anything in the car while parked. it is not supposed to be safe. don't walk in deserted areas after dark.
ask Marit if she can send someone from the car rental company; they'll pick you up at the airport and provide you with a car.
things to see in Curaçao: the Blue Cave, the Tugboat wreck, Willemstad bridge between Otrabanda and Punda,... and do a lot of snorkling! (we didn't dive, but it's supposed to be awesome)
thanks Marit en co!

Room Tip: budget room has cold showers; standard room has shared bathroom and Master room is awesome
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We stayed in Blenchi with my fiancee for three nights (should have stayed longer) in January 2014. We arrived Blenchi in the middle of the night as our flight was delayed but we had no problems finding us there with their own directions. The place is about 30 min drive from Willemstad so you have to have a rental car to get there (Taxis are expensive). Don't be afraid of the condition of the road that leads to Blenchi, cause it has nothing to do with how nice the place itself is!

We were surprised with the cosy atmosphere and extremely nice staff. The place is owned by a Dutch Marit who is very nice person. She is very helpful and knows a lot about the island. They help you to arrange what you want. When we were there was even a wedding!

Marit's husband Sander is a professional diver so the diving and snorkeling equipment you can rent are very good. We also rented kayaking equipment which was nice. Marit and Sander organizes a Jeep tour which is definitely worth it. The tour takes you to beautiful private beaches and to cave where you can snorkel. In the end of the tour we ventured to do a high cliff jump to water which was cool. :)

The breakfast was very good and the BBQ on friday night was delicious.

The place was clearly the best B&B we have been. However you have to remember that the place is after all a bed and breakfast, not a hotel. We mixed our trip with northern part of the island where are all the most beautiful beaches on the island so we stayed in Blenchi. The rest of the holiday we were staying in Willemstad which was a nice combo.

Thank you Marit and Sander. Maybe we'll come back when we get married on the private beach hehheh ;)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple