“aircon dripped water onto my mac laptop and refuse to pay”

Mida Hotel Ngamwongwan
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Nonthaburi
Arnhem, The Netherlands
“aircon dripped water onto my mac laptop and refuse to pay”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

BEWARE, this stay cost me an apple laptop.
1. Aircon on top of working table and electrical socket. Came back to hotel late, charge my laptop. First thing in the morning, switch of my laptop, I get an error message. Took my laptop and noticed the bottom is wet. Had to rush to conference that morning so next morning, I went to complaint.

They took my laptop for their IT department to check and later told me they took it to two shops (I don't believe this) and upon looking at the dent on my laptop, claimed because I dropped it. Later hotel staff acknowledged that the IT have not open the laptop to check the inside, even after being informed by me and seeing with their own eyes the dripping water on the desk. I was upset that they did not send it to an official Mac shop for the diagnosis because I was leaving the next day. They offered to take it there if I leave my laptop behind (yeah right).

Upon returning to my home, I took my macpro to the official mac shop and told me that the motherboard is burned and the only possible reason is water or lighting. They provided me with the image of burned motherboard and a letter saying it is damaged. They explained that if the hotel take this to Mac in Thailand, they will be able to confirm the diagnosis from the photo. But Mida Hotel, instead of going to mac in thailand to confirm this and compensate for my damaged laptop, asked for official letter from my mac service centre with explanation etc, saying they need to have it for insurance claim.

Am sure they will still try to put the blame on me or say that I do not give them a chance. Point is, insurance or no insurance, they damaged it and should compensate me. It is not necessary to wait for insurance claim to decide on that. Simpy making things difficult so that I give up or don't bother anymore.

Call me unlucky, but my question to you is, do you want to take the risk now that you know their dirty tricks?

2. toilet smelling like sewage and you can smell it from the bedroom

3. VERY SLOW internet unless you want internet with the bedroom door open. And you can only work with one device with one password provided.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank JeannieNg
Charles T, General Manager at Mida Hotel Ngamwongwan, responded to this review, 16 February 2015
Dear JeannieNg,

I am very sorry to hear that you had trouble with your personal property when staying at our hotel .
The hotel did as best as we could to right the situation, for you The laptop was placed underneath the air-con system by you and not our staff.
We always ask people if they have any with their rooms at time of booking and there was no problems reported at that time or at any time during your stay at the hotel.
We are sorry that you had some problems with your stay, but we did everything we could to right the problems for you

Kind regards,

Charlie Tang

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Thai first
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nonthaburi
Maleewana Hotel & Resort
Mida's Hotel Uno
Mida's Hotel Uno
#9 of 18 in Nonthaburi
Best Western Plus Wanda Grand Hotel

Been to Mida Hotel Ngamwongwan? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Mida Hotel Ngamwongwan

Property: Mida Hotel Ngamwongwan
Address: 29/67 Moo 9 Ngamwongwan Road | Bang Kraso subdistrict, Nonthaburi 11000, Thailand
Region: Thailand > Nonthaburi Province > Nonthaburi
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Nonthaburi
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Mida Hotel Ngamwongwan 3.5*
The Ideal location of Mida Hotel Ngamwongwan is suited within the fast growing area of Bangkok. It's a preferred location of our guests for business and leisure. Donmuang International Airport is only a short distance with easy access to expressways, shopping Malls and walking distance to BTS Sky-train which gives easy access the heart of Bangkok. 138 modern style accommodations with internet connectivity bring a stunning experience and pleasant stay ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mida Hotel Ngamwongwan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.