“One of the only memorable restaurants in Civita”

Ristorante Beccofino
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Civita Castellana, Italy
“One of the only memorable restaurants in Civita”
Reviewed 23 November 2012

I have been living in Civita Castellana for nearly three months now, and I have to admit that I haven't exactly been blown away by the restaurant scene in the town. Apart from Pane Pomodoro, which is more of a casual restaurant, Beccofino is one of the only restaurants where I've eaten tasty, warm, and thoughtful food in Civita. I decided to go with my friends on Thanksgiving night. I ordered pasta with duck/ porcini ragu, which definitely impressed me. The bread, wine (a Montepulciano recommended by the waitress), both contributed to an overall positive dining experience. As my friends knew the owner/ chef, at the end of our meal he joined us for a pleasant chat and some laughs. I would definitely recommend Beccofino for anyone visiting and/or stranded in Civita Castellana!

Downsides: Fake flowers in the entrance, waiting area, and dining area. A single fresh flower per table, per day would definitely improve the overall vibe of the restaurant.

• Visited November 2012