“wonderfull restaurant”

Price range: US$8 - US$32
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: An award-winning restaurant with rooms overlooking the historic market square of Grassington in the Yorkshire Dales. Chef John Rudden and his team have a love for quality ingredients and their heritage, seeking the best local and seasonal produce and transforming it with modern techniques and flavours. From Sunday lunches with 14-hour slow roasted lamb, to fine dining gourmet dinners and chef events and masterclasses, Grassington House is a destination restaurant in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales.
“wonderfull restaurant”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Four of us visited Grassington over the weekend 17th to 20th July.We were surprised to find such a wonderfully restaurant in what is really a walkers village.Service and food was five star.The highlight of our weekend

Visited July 2014
evelyn190, Owner at No 5 Restaurant, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are so pleased that we were able to make your stay in Grassington a little more memorable.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Brighouse, United Kingdom
“Excellent Resaurant”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I was taken here by my wife as a special birthday treat and I was'nt dissapointed, the food was excellent and the service was second to none. I can not rate this restaurant highly enough.

• Visited July 2014
“Tasting menu”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We decided to try here for a change to our normal eating place. The food was flavoursome we opted for the tasting menu which had a good choice for both meat & fish lovers. The portions weren't huge but we found them to be adequate. The waiting staff were friendly but I did find the manager to be rather pompous. If you are looking for a more refined dining experience whilst in Grassington I think this is a good choice.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Maxine B
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“disappointing”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We chose this restaurant carefully but sad to say we were disappointed with the lack of food on the plate. I chose Girole mushrooms with asparagus for a starter and although the food was of a good standard I had to search for it on the plate! For the main course I chose a fish platter which listed : Lobster, Tempura prawns, smoked salmon and scallops. Fantastic! again the quality of the food was very good but ..... the size of the lobster tail wouldn't have fed a sparrow. The scallops were even smaller than queenies and no bigger than the nail on my pinky! hence no flavour. the quality and portion of the smoked salmon was very good. But all in all so sad as we were really looking forward to the meal. I don't mind paying for good quality food but leaving a restaurant hungry is not on my agenda.
Having dined at Arzak in San Sebastian and other well know establishments. I've paid a pretty penny for good food which I don't mind at all. However, shame about this experience but the whole thing was a bit pretentious. Sorry folks.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Annie M
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Hugely disappointing”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Perhaps we were expecting too much given its reputation. The terrace of the Grassington Hotel is beautifully located overlooking the centre of the village and we had planned to have lunch there. We were thwarted when we were told that lunch is not served on the terrace only the dining room which doesn't have much a view and it seems to be a shame to be inside on a summer's day. Apparently, someone skipped off without paying last year. We would have been happy to pay up front for the meal but not to be. We chose from the bar menu which was on offer. The sharing "tile" for two promised all sorts of goodies. When it materialised, there were indeed prawns (2) smoked salmon (2 tiny pieces) olives (3) minute liqueur sized portions of pate and humus, 2 tiny bread rolls and some fingers of ciabatta. All beautifully presented but not sufficient for one never mind two people even with the side order of potatoes we had as extra. We also had a bottle of wine. OK so it was the cheapest but at nearly £16 you do expect it to be drinkable. It wasn't. It had that nasty taste of chemicals which is the hallmark of a really really cheap wine.
On the plus side, the staff were pleasant and friendly and the Festival ale good.

• Visited June 2014