Pleasant stay with nice touches like bathrobes, slippers and freshly cooked biscuits. We had breakfast only, which was plentiful, and not the optional dinner (at £30 a head). The smoked salmon and scrambled eggs breakfast option was excellent and the hosts chatty and friendly. There's a couple of things to note though, especially in the high season when the place is full: the car park is small and, although it fits eight cars, as one fellow resident noted, parking is a 'work of art'. One evening we decided to go for a drive but had to fetch the owners to ask them to move their car which was blocking our path. I had already been told to move our car before we had checked in (it was apparently facing the wrong way). On another occasion, we arrived one evening (9.00pm) to find no space at all, so we were forced to park in the 'no parking' area adjacent to the front door. We thought the double bedroom was small for a 'superior' double, but it had a nice view of the back garden and the overall atmosphere of Ashfield is pleasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Private guest accommodation with dining facilities where a ‘Long Weekend Break is not Long Enough.’ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, LateRooms, Book Direct Rooms, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Ashfield House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ashfield House Hotel Grassington
- Ashfield Hotel Skipton
- Ashfield House Grassington, Yorkshire